Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blocking Numbers

Options
  • 05-05-2012 7:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭

Hello all. :) Just a quick query. If I block a number, is the person that is blocked notified of this if they try to ring or text?

I'm with o2 if it helps.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

You can block numbers from texting you with O2 and they will not know they've been blocked. You cannot block numbers from ringing you though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

If you're on Android you can.

I just downloaded an Anti-Virus called Avast Mobile Security, it's free too.

In the menu is an option for SMS and Call Filter, ya can block them whatever day of the week ya want, 7 days if you wish, and choose how many hours per day, again 24 if you wish.

I can block all texts and calls from numbers i choose, but i just have it on 'All Hidden Numbers' which means any private number don't get through :D:D

Advertisement