Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doctors open today (Sat 5th May?)

Options
  • 05-05-2012 8:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi guys,

Does anyone know if any doctors are open today? Have tried a few but no joy sofar....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭jkforde

try WestDoc, they'll assess you over the phone first and then advise you what to do
    http://www.galway-ireland.ie/westdoc.htm

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Are you registered with a GP? If so, ring them and follow the instructions on their answerphone - what to do depends on which of the after-hours arrangements they're signed up with. (Westdoc are only supposed to help you if you're registered with one of their GPs already).

If you're not registered, then the A&E clinic at the Galway Clinic is open in the daytime ... til 7pm I think. Or you could just go to A&E in UHG - sometimes the queue isn't too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 lkbob

Thanks for the replies guys, yes I'm registered with a GP, and Westdoc is their out of hours service....just wasn't sure if it needed to be an extreme emergency to call them. I've since spoken to their nurse and have an appointment later....thanks again :)

Advertisement