Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scaffolding plankks in Galway area

Options
  • 05-05-2012 9:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭

Hi there,

New for few weeks in Galway area, I just got a piece of land where I want to set some raised beds.
    I want to buy scaffolding planks but I can't find any in Co Galway.
    I had a look at buyandsell, donedeal, gardening and DYI shops, I rang to 5 or 6 scaffolding companies but nothing showing not too far.
    I only found new 4.80 meters planks without treatment for € 14 each. I think it is expensive.

Any idea, any help?
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

Trompette wrote: »
    Hi there,

New for few weeks in Galway area, I just got a piece of land where I want to set some raised beds.
    I want to buy scaffolding planks but I can't find any in Co Galway.
    I had a look at buyandsell, donedeal, gardening and DYI shops, I rang to 5 or 6 scaffolding companies but nothing showing not too far.
    I only found new 4.80 meters planks without treatment for € 14 each. I think it is expensive.

Any idea, any help?
    Thanks
    Where did locate the ones you mentioned?

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Trompette

The planks I found for €14 are in a build shop in Galway city.
    I would have to pay € 16 for delivery as well.

Have you some idea to find cheap?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

Trompette wrote: »
    The planks I found for €14 are in a build shop in Galway city.
    I would have to pay € 16 for delivery as well.

Have you some idea to find cheap?
    No, looking for some myself, rang an add in donedeal but got no reply. I need them to be untreated and clean looking so I may buy new. I'm in Galway city too.
    What builders supply shop was it in case I run out of options?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭iPhone.

Having the same problem here, also in Co. Galway and can't locate any scaffold planks for raised beds either.

Done deal only has Dublin, Limerick, Cork.... nothing at all for Galway.

If any of you come across a supply at a reasonable price please pass on the info, I will do likewise.

Eager to get these in the ground and have my first attempt at home veggie production :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭iPhone.

Last plea before its too late to get the last crop planted...... surely there must be gardeners out there in Galway like myself who are wanting to build raised beds.... I really would appreciate any nod in the right direction to get myself some suitable timber at a reasonable price.

• Advertisement
Advertisement