Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vit b12 injections

Options
  • 05-05-2012 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Im starting vit b12 injections next week, has anyone here had them, how soon did you notice a difference?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 thepieman12345

Hey, i cant exactly tell you how quickly it will effect how you feel, but i had a very good friend who was diagnosed with Pernicious anemia, apparantly he was in a very bad state in regards to his b12 stores (maybe a month or two before nerve damage stage) we all noticed some of the symptoms he had. After diagnosis he was put on an aggressive treatment of one injection every week for about one and a half month and then one every month for the rest of his life. But we noticed he looked better and was acting a lot more like his old self in maybe about two weeks, not sure how quickly he himself noticed any effects

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I had a course of 10 injections last summer, I'd been very low on B12 - it was down to 60.
    I felt better gradually and by the time I was finished the course of injections I felt much better all round. I can't say I had amazing energy after it, but that could be due to my age and/or the fact that I have a balance disorder too. Symptoms such as sore tongue when I ate tomatoes, burning mouth when I ate spicy food etc all disappeared. I'd also had bad heel pain and that went, and I no longer wanted to fall asleep every time I sat down.

I think a lot depends on what symptoms you have and how the deficiency affects you. Once you've had a few injections, though, you start to realise just how unwell the deficiency had made you.

Advertisement