Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Being born in Ireland is like winning the lottery of life.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭TehDagsBass

Petre wrote: »
    I have been getting rejected by those women, that was my entire point. Is English not your native language? Where are you originally from? Will you go out with me next weekend? I'm sick of all the stuck up, unattractive women who think they're a higher form of life than me. :(
    Hey, don't get cranky with me, it's not my fault you're getting rejected left, right and centre and are consequently spending your nights crying into your fleshlight anal attachment.

I'm a guy so I'm afraid I won't go out with you. Please, don't take this as another rejection, I just don't swing that way. It's not you, it's me, etc :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 140 ✭✭shygal

op made this thread on bodybuilding.com forums aswell hahahahaha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Petre

So what you're saying is, just because you happen to perceive them as ugly, they should just accept you for whatever you happen to be and give you whatever you want?

When I approach a woman in a much lower league looks wise than me, and talk to her in a friendly matter, I do expect her to show some level of interest if she is available and generally interested in hooking up/forming a relationship. When you have 2s that think they're 8s and are only going for 10s, something is clearly wrong with the culture.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

When I approach a woman in a much lower league looks wise than me, and talk to her in a friendly matter, I do expect her to show some level of interest if she is available and generally interested in hooking up/forming a relationship. When you have 2s that think they're 8s and are only going for 10s, something is clearly wrong with the culture.

I think you should lead with this when you approach them, that way they know the score. Bitches love honesty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

shygal wrote: »

OMARS_CUMMING_

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

Will ya stop, a mate of mine went out with the best looking girl I've seen, unreal. Dude pulls so well, he's good looking(no homo) but I've seen him get rejected so much by girls way less hotter than what he could and has pulled. That's just how it is. Their loss.

shygal wrote: »
    You mock him for it ... yet you knew this how?

EdenHazard wrote: »
    Will ya stop, a mate of mine went out with the best looking girl I've seen, unreal. Dude pulls so well, he's good looking(no homo) but I've seen him get rejected so much by girls way less hotter than what he could and has pulled. That's just how it is. Their loss.
    Does it hurt to see him with other people?

He should really have more respect for your feelings.

he's good looking(no homo) but I've seen him get rejected so much by girls way less hotter than what he could and has pulled.

So you're agreeing with me? :confused:

• Advertisement

(no homo)
    Did you forget the comma, or was it supposed to be a silent 'no'?

For future reference, "no homo" indicates extreme - borderline obsessively dangerous - levels of homosexuality.

Or it indicates your not a homo despite making what some would see as a homosexual remark i.e complimenting a lads looks

Or it indicates your not a homo despite making what some would see as a homosexual remark i.e complimenting a lads looks

Okay, okay, I believe you. *winkwinkwink*

Guess where that third wink came from.

Did I say "came from"?

Ooh-er!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

You mock him for it ... yet you knew this how?

Google. All the cool kids are doing it.

Being born in Ireland is like having your dick chopped off, might as well be cos you certainly won't be needing it without access to an airport.

Hahahaha trooper

• Advertisement

Being born in Ireland is like having your dick chopped off, might as well be cos you certainly won't be needing it without access to an airport.
    ...if you're so low down on the "totem pole" of looks that the bottom of the opposite "totem pole" rejects you based on appearance alone, and a personality that only a woman that doesn't understand you properly can tolerate.

A good start to attracting females might be to be less of a bitter little man. Women like confidence and someone who'll engage them on a number of levels. Your self-esteem issues and lack of personality are your problem, not everyone else's and certainly not that of the Irish "culture" as a whole.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Its 2012 Eden, you can say a friend is good looking without giving the impression that your a fag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

Its 2012 Eden, you can say a friend is good looking without giving the impression that your a fag.

He has to be careful after he let slip about Justin Beiber

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

Hands up if ya read the Thread Title and went; - Maaaaaaaaaaan I really need to win the Lotto!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Personally I count myself extremely lucky to have been born in Ireland, although I don't live there anymore.

I really enjoyed growing up with the very long evenings of what seemed like endless summers, stuff like Halloween and all the good old memories like the buzz of Ireland playing in the '90 world cup.

Wouldn't change them for anything, Ireland's still a great country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Whatever about everything else, we have by far and a way the best sport in the world in Hurling. Unfortunately, it's probably the most under-appreciated sport also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,677 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    Whatever about everything else, we have by far and a way the best sport in the world in Hurling. Unfortunately, it's probably the most under-appreciated sport also.

What, even better than hockey?!

Agree with you though - always suprised me that it never caught on on a more internationa level though. Perhaps the GAA never marketed it, or preferred to keep it amateur?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

Rejection and the constant nights alone make a man bitter, what more can be said?

The same as the heffers who go around claiming to be "real women" and that men are bastards who just can't handle a "real woman" when they can never get with one.

Anyone who makes generalisations like that about the opposite sex are in the wrong, man or woman. If I heard a woman label all men as bastards, I'd make a quick exit too.

I understand the rejection causes bitterness and I can imagine it's frustrating but when you're the common denominator (not you specifically), then you have to look at yourself instead of blaming "Irish women" because it's retarded and nonsensical . I know some men who might not have much luck with the opposite sex but they realise it's down to aspects of their personality (shyness for example) and they know it's something they have to work on instead of blaming 2 million women for this. A lot of bruised egos on this thread and the 100s of others that were started in AH over the years. Have a bit of maturity to recognise that instead of spewing bile directed at us as some kind of pathetic, cowardly revenge.

I live in Magical Foreignland and I can tell you right now that local men I've met here have encountered the same problems Irish men moan about here on Boards but they've had much more luck with foreign chicks (hence the reason I know them).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    What, even better than hockey?!

Agree with you though - always suprised me that it never caught on on a more internationa level though. Perhaps the GAA never marketed it, or preferred to keep it amateur?

Better than ice-hockey or field hockey. It's just so intense, so skilful, so fast and can change so quickly.

See there's your first problem. You're approaching women you don't fancy for sex (why??). Women aren'tstupid. We know what you're up to. Secondly, labelling attactiveness in women like they're entering some kind of Pony Club Derby. Underneath it all you have no respect for them and we can sense that.

Do you think women who are less attractive should be grateful you're talking to them??

Fact of the matter is, Irish men and women can lay on the charm thick and fast abroad....the novelty of being different is usually enough here (speaking from experience) but were more wise to each other here. Same tactics don't work at home.

Get rid of the bitterness first and you might have some luck.

Why am I getting involved in this debate for the squillionth time? I'm going back to bed...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

And where does the rejections and the nights spent alone come form? Do they fall out of the sky? No they come from people within a culture. The fault lies with the culture, which is proven by the fact I've had far better experiences in other cultures. If the fault lies with me, then I would have the same problems everywhere I go.

Love it, it's still the 2 million irish womens fault that a below average loaner can't score (your words!). It's definitely not your attitude towards women:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=78483923&postcount=261
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=78490093&postcount=50
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=78490324&postcount=56
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=78484342&postcount=122
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=78485246&postcount=34

Stop shagging sex dolls and getting ripped off by dodgy hookers and get a sense of humour and a bit of confidence, because that's all it takes to get women in ireland, not looks.
    The idea of trolling is to have a good opposing viewpoint to everyone else that can be argued properly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭a fat guy

Petre, there's about a million things that could stop what you describe as "an unattractive woman" from being interested in you.

Maybe she's got a boyfriend, maybe she thinks you're an asshole(Some people can be judgemental, I'm not saying that you are an asshole), maybe she on a girls night out where boys are given the cold shoulder straight away (Happened to me), or maybe she's a lesbian! You've got to be open-minded about these things.

It happens to all of us and I was shocked the first time it happened to me because I wasn't used to rejection, least of all from someone who I was absolutely certain that I could make happy-happy time with.

Just keep an open mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭WhatNowForUs?

Great women here in Ireland. i got the best of them. I worry about the new generation with the make up and overtly sexual activity to go along with the binge drinking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

So what you're saying is, just because you happen to perceive them as ugly, they should just accept you for whatever you happen to be and give you whatever you want?

You are clearly under the misconception that you are universally attractive. You are not at all allowing for personal tastes. For example Brad Pitt is considered universally attractive yet PERSONALLY he leaves me cold. You may consider yourself to be only gorgeous and you may very well be but that does not mean you are attractive to everyone.
    Also when you approach a girl with the I'm an 8, she's a 2 mentality, she's not stupid, she knows. She's well within her rights to brush you off.
    I'm a confident person and I've never had a problem attracting men however I never gauged their looks on a scale or put them in "leagues" either above or below me. It never mattered.
    Women want an intelligent, funny, honest positive man who rocks their world in bed, not some narcissistic boyo who has already placed them beneath him in rankings before he's even opened his mouth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭IrishAm

patwicklow wrote: »
    You forgot to mention the crap tv stations

They are not all crap, TG4 is great!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭Sea Filly

When I travelled extensively years ago, I routinely saw men with women way out of their league, I have NEVER seen this in Ireland, bar the odd very rich man. Yet I see the reverse (an unattractive girl with an attractive guy) quite often here.

Soooo, what are you saying here? It's grand for Irish men to score out of their league but not Irish women?

Eve_Dublin wrote: »
    Anyone who makes generalisations like that about the opposite sex are in the wrong

How so? :confused:

Are you denying there are huge differences to different people within different cultures? So Irish men are the exact same as Nigerian men, Chinese men and Brazilian men? Of course not. Then why is it so "in the wrong" to point out these differences? Feminine psychology is bogus because it puts people's feelings before the truth. Shouldn't a board like this be used to come to understanding truth by way of exploring people's differing opinions and experiences?
    I understand the rejection causes bitterness and I can imagine it's frustrating but when you're the common denominator (not you specifically), then you have to look at yourself instead of blaming "Irish women" because it's retarded and nonsensical . I know some men who might not have much luck with the opposite sex but they realise it's down to aspects of their personality (shyness for example) and they know it's something they have to work on instead of blaming 2 million women for this. A lot of bruised egos on this thread and the 100s of others that were started in AH over the years. Have a bit of maturity to recognise that instead of spewing bile directed at us as some kind of pathetic, cowardly revenge.

I live in Magical Foreignland and I can tell you right now that local men I've met here have encountered the same problems Irish men moan about here on Boards but they've had much more luck with foreign chicks (hence the reason I know them).

I behaved in the exact same way in Munich as I have done in Dublin, my results were far better in Munich. That to me says that the culture is to blame, not individuals, man or woman.

Sea Filly wrote: »
    Soooo, what are you saying here? It's grand for Irish men to score out of their league but not Irish women?

No.. I'm saying it's uneven how in Ireland ONLY women score out of their league, while in other cultures both men and women do. If there is a culture where only men score out of their league and someone said it was unjust, I would agree with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭PrincessLola

Given the choice I'd say I'd prefer to be from somewhere else in Europe (like Scandinavia, Germany or the Benelux)

Really? I'd prefer having English as a first language tbh.

No.. I'm saying it's uneven how in Ireland ONLY women score out of their league, while in other cultures both men and women do. If there is a culture where only men score out of their league and someone said it was unjust, I would agree with them.

Plenty of lads score out of their league...I see it all the time, although the reasons often for this are down to popularity, how known they are, or if they were on senior cup team etc...

You are clearly under the misconception that you are universally attractive. You are not at all allowing for personal tastes. For example Brad Pitt is considered universally attractive yet PERSONALLY he leaves me cold. You may consider yourself to be only gorgeous and you may very well be but that does not mean you are attractive to everyone.
    Also when you approach a girl with the I'm an 8, she's a 2 mentality, she's not stupid, she knows. She's well within her rights to brush you off.
    I'm a confident person and I've never had a problem attracting men however I never gauged their looks on a scale or put them in "leagues" either above or below me. It never mattered.
    Women want an intelligent, funny, honest positive man who rocks their world in bed, not some narcissistic boyo who has already placed them beneath him in rankings before he's even opened his mouth.

My looks simply mattered less in Germany than they do here. At least, women were willing to look past them to see what else I had to offer them. In Ireland women feel they have so many options, that they can just reject, reject, reject until they find some kind of perfect specimen with ideal looks and height as well as desirable personality traits.

Are you seriously suggesting that a woman's confidence actually matters in how successful she is in attracting men?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

.....why, might I ask?

Plenty of lads score out of their league...I see it all the time, although the reasons often for this are down to popularity, how known they are, or if they were on senior cup team etc...

Perhaps you're right and I'm just not seeing it. But even if what you say's true, "popularity, how known they are, or if they were on senior cup team etc" are just as superficial reasons as looks, so you're not really dispelling anything I'm saying.

• Advertisement

Most women would much rather be a approached by a guy who sees himself as their equal. And I'd say most would be so hurt to find out he only chatted to them because he expected them to be easy because of their perceived lack of attractiveness.
    If this is your 'game' then I find it repulsive.

English is the most FG infiltrated language by 1000 miles. I curse either my parents for moving to an English speaking country when I was young, or the Irish people for not standing up to the English long before they did. If Irish people actually spoke Irish as their native language, they would be under A LOT less mind control than they are now, and I mean A LOT. Look at any non-English speaking nation in comparison.

Most women would much rather be a approached by a guy who sees himself as their equal. And I'd say most would be so hurt to find out he only chatted to them because he expected them to be easy because of their perceived lack of attractiveness.
    If this is your 'game' then I find it repulsive.

I was approaching my equals here for a long time, but since they were acting like they think they're a higher form of life than me, I tried 'punching below my weight' and the results were the exact same. This is significant because I don't believe it occurs to anywhere near the same extent anywhere else, which was the reason I mentioned it.

English is the most FG infiltrated language by 1000 miles. I curse either my parents for moving to an English speaking country when I was young, or the Irish people for not standing up to the English long before they did. If Irish people actually spoke Irish as their native language, they would be under A LOT less mind control than they are now, and I mean A LOT. Look at any non-English speaking nation in comparison.

Mind control? I don't even..
    :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

*cough, cough

If you'd be as good.....
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=78533977&postcount=239
    ta.

I was approaching my equals here for a long time, but since they were acting like they think they're a higher form of life than me, I tried 'punching below my weight' and the results were the exact same. This is significant because I don't believe it occurs to anywhere near the same extent anywhere else, which was the reason I mentioned it.

Maybe, just MAYBE. you are less attractive then you think?:pac:

Though I know what you mean about being more attractive elsewhere, when I was in France I pulled hotter guys than I ever could here. Maybe its something to do with living on a small Island with a small gene pool? Makes people more picky?

• Advertisement

You prove my point. Didn't you say or imply you lived in a non-English speaking nation? Or perhaps that was someone else. If you venture into such a foreign culture, learn it's language and interact with it's people on a daily basis, you'll notice how they are a hell of a lot more mentally stable than the Irish (or Americans, Canadians, British, Australian, New Zealanders). This is because of subconscious messaging in the media which inhibits one's thinking patterns. Even if you were French and you watched Anglo-media all the time, it would not not have anywhere near the same effect on you as English is not your native language. It's about which language you think in, not which language/s you know.

Nodin wrote: »

LOL. okay.

I guess because its the 'universal' language in many ways. Its useful, there are many countries you can travel to that speak it. If we spoke Irish we'd have to learn English as a second language and would probably not be that good at it. And please spare me the 'you've been brainwashed by American/British cultural norms' I really haven't.

Maybe, just MAYBE. you are less attractive then you think?:pac:

Though I know what you mean about being more attractive elsewhere, when I was in France I pulled hotter guys than I ever could here. Maybe its something to do with living on a small Island with a small gene pool? Makes people more picky?

See this is a blatant result of women being conditioned with false feminist ideologies. Women do not 'pull', that is absurd. Men look to engage in casual relations. Women look to secure high quality partners for long-term, stable relationships. The attitude that's been ingrained in women that they should 'go out on the prowl' is exactly what has caused the sexual insanity we're seeing in the West.

LOL. okay.

I guess because its the 'universal' language in many ways. Its useful, there are many countries you can travel to that speak it. If we spoke Irish we'd have to learn English as a second language and would probably not be that good at it. And please spare me the 'you've been brainwashed by American/British cultural norms' I really haven't.

You haven't on a conscious level, but subconsciously you absolutely have.

I've spoke to many Germans, Dutch and Scandinavians who're just as articulate in English as most Irish people. This is from watching poisonous Anglo-media. It did not have the same effect on them as it does us as English is only their second language.

You prove my point. Didn't you say or imply you lived in a non-English speaking nation? Or perhaps that was someone else. If you venture into such a foreign culture, learn it's language and interact with it's people on a daily basis, you'll notice how they are a hell of a lot more mentally stable than the Irish (or Americans, Canadians, British, Australian, New Zealanders). This is because of subconscious messaging in the media which inhibits one's thinking patterns. Even if you were French and you watched Anglo-media all the time, it would not not have anywhere near the same effect on you as English is not your native language. It's about which language you think in, not which language/s you know.

I have never heard anyone say that about non-English speaking countries before.
    I'm curious, do you have a study to back this up, or is this just your perception that has been clouded by your English language speaking point of view?

Now as for media mind as control, well....
    Alright I know media theorists were often intelligent and insightful. But does that mean we should just blindly accept this line of thinking without critical thought? People have just accepted these theories on media as truth and I'm sceptical.

• Advertisement
Advertisement