Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Being born in Ireland is like winning the lottery of life.

12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Petre

On another note, I've been to England several times and can anyone explain to me the differences in culture between Ireland and England? It seems the exact same, bar the fact that their women are much less stuck-up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

LOL. okay.

I guess because its the 'universal' language in many ways. Its useful, there are many countries you can travel to that speak it. .

Like Spanish and French.
    If we spoke Irish we'd have to learn English as a second language and would probably not be that good at it.

The person you were replying to stated
    Given the choice I'd say I'd prefer to be from somewhere else in Europe (like Scandinavia, Germany or the Benelux)

...so I don't see why you're bringing Irish into it now.

I have never heard anyone say that about non-English speaking countries before.

What shoddy reasoning. Just because you haven't heard anyone else say something means it's not true? Sheep logic if I've ever seen it.
    I'm curious, do you have a study to back this up, or is this just your perception that has been clouded by your English language speaking point of view?

Now as for media mind as control, well....
    Alright I know media theorists were often intelligent and insightful. But does that mean we should just blindly accept this line of thinking without critical thought? People have just accepted these theories on media as truth and I'm sceptical.

I've said it before, "studies" are funded by the system therefore the results are predetermined. Anyone who puts out these kinds of truths never get the information very far as it's always being suppressed. You don't have to accept anything that does not agree with YOUR reasoning, the problem is your reasoning has been infiltrated deliberately by conditioning from birth to stop you seeing the true nature of the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

tallifornia is ****,why cant i understand anybody on it - its just **** they cant even speak properly or act like human beings they are disgusting
    You actually attempted to watch that ****e, what a sad life you have.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭PrincessLola

Petre wrote: »
    See this is a blatant result of women being conditioned with false feminist ideologies. Women do not 'pull', that is absurd. Men look to engage in casual relations. Women look to secure high quality partners for long-term, stable relationships. The attitude that's been ingrained in women that they should 'go out on the prowl' is exactly what has caused the sexual insanity we're seeing in the West.

Oh Lord, here we go :pac:
    Sweetie, the sexual revolution isn't going away, it happened. Now its time to deal with your dismantled privilge and move on. Educate yourself.

(on a side note, You speak for all women and all men do you?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Oh Lord, here we go :pac:
    Sweetie, the sexual revolution isn't going away, it happened. Now its time to deal with your dismantled privilge and move on. Educate yourself.

(on a side note, You speak for all women and all men do you?)

A segment of them, it would seem.
    http://f0.bcbits.com/z/15/87/1587375800-1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭PrincessLola

On another note, I've been to England several times and can anyone explain to me the differences in culture between Ireland and England? It seems the exact same, bar the fact that their women are much less stuck-up.

OKAY, I GET IT NOW. I've finally figured this out.
    Your beliefs are just unexpressed bitter misogyny that hides under (and is perhaps justified by) the guise of pseudo-Marxist media studies reasoning.

Alrighty then! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

You are clearly under the misconception that you are universally attractive. You are not at all allowing for personal tastes. For example Brad Pitt is considered universally attractive yet PERSONALLY he leaves me cold. You may consider yourself to be only gorgeous and you may very well be but that does not mean you are attractive to everyone.
    Also when you approach a girl with the I'm an 8, she's a 2 mentality, she's not stupid, she knows. She's well within her rights to brush you off.
    I'm a confident person and I've never had a problem attracting men however I never gauged their looks on a scale or put them in "leagues" either above or below me. It never mattered.
    Women want an intelligent, funny, honest positive man who rocks their world in bed, not some narcissistic boyo who has already placed them beneath him in rankings before he's even opened his mouth.

My looks simply mattered less in Germany than they do here. At least, women were willing to look past them to see what else I had to offer them. In Ireland women feel they have so many options, that they can just reject, reject, reject until they find some kind of perfect specimen with ideal looks and height as well as desirable personality traits.

Are you seriously suggesting that a woman's confidence actually matters in how successful she is in attracting men?

I'm seriously suggesting nothing, you can take from my post what you will. That's your prerogative.

Do you speak for all women of Ireland when you say we are surrounded by options ripe for rejection?

I may be incorrect but you appear to have some unresolved issues with Irish women. Perhaps instead of expecting Irish women to change their "culture" you could fit in with what u believe to be a majority or else might I suggest you continue to sell yourself to those women not o Irish extraction with whom you fare better :)

I'm seriously suggesting nothing, you can take from my post what you will. That's your prerogative.

Do you speak for all women of Ireland when you say we are surrounded by options ripe for rejection?

I may be incorrect but you appear to have some unresolved issues with Irish women. Perhaps instead of expecting Irish women to change their "culture" you could fit in with what u believe to be a majority or else might I suggest you continue to sell yourself to those women not o Irish extraction with whom you fare better :)

I'm just stating my opinion, which is also my prerogative.

This thread was a statement open to debate. I'm simply debating what I see to be the negative aspects of Irish culture vs foreign culture, which in my opinion consists of low quality women vs much higher quality women. I do plan on emigrating in a year to magic "foreignland" by the way ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

This thread was a statement open to debate. I'm simply debating what I see to be the negative aspects of Irish culture vs foreign culture, which in my opinion consists of low quality women vs much higher quality women. I do plan on emigrating in a year to magic "foreignland" by the way ;)

I suppose that all depends on what you consider quality. It is my opinion that that is a gross generalisation, one to which you are entitled of course :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭true

This is the greatest nation on the planet.
    If its that great, why are there far more Irish people living outside Ireland than in it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭Pure_Cork

true wrote: »
    If its that great, why are there far more Irish people living outside Ireland than in it?
    Irish people go abroad to spread the good word about Ireland, and to make the whole world a little bit more Irish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

Wuh oh. This is all starting to sound a bit familiar.

Petre, is this all the Jews fault by any chance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Banned.

troll.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

I behaved in the exact same way in Munich as I have done in Dublin, my results were far better in Munich. That to me says that the culture is to blame, not individuals, man or woman.

Lol. You're a gas man! ;) Having a good chuckle to myself here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

true wrote: »

Work (because there's no jobs at home right now), to experience something different and to get away from the awful weather for a few years. I'd say they're most people's reason.

Let's use a cake analogy. I love Lemon Meringue Pie...tis my favourite kinda cake in fact, but if I eat too much I get sick, plus I don't want to get tired of eating it, so I try other cakes. Develop a more varied palette for different kinds of cakes. Life is too short to spend all your time eating one kind of cake but that doesn't mean Lemon Meringue Pie is any less tasty. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

Good. Don't come back either.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

about 2/3rds of the world earn about a dollar a day.

We are the f*cking Hobbits and this is the Shire.

#FirstWorldProblems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

DeVore wrote: »
    about 2/3rds of the world earn about a dollar a day.

We are the f*cking Hobbits and this is the Shire.

#FirstWorldProblems.
    Very true.
    But, this is no time for people to become complacent.
    We need to demand more.
    We need to exterminate every "Paddy" element form this country.
    There's no reason why we shouldn't be the best in the world.
    The potential is there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement