Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Which Saturday feed?

• 05-05-2012 12:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭

Well its Saturday. Traditionally I get takeaway on this delightful day of leisure and feasting and delight. Something troubles me though....sorry im getting emotional again...im ok.....I can do this. You see...i dont know what to get. please help me choose. Im actually nervous with the hunger. Angry almost.

What do you AH perverts usually get as a food treat? Whats yal favourite grub? What about sumthin fancy likes a pots noodles and chocs ice(s).

C'mere, Im outta me head with the hunger reet?

Which dinner option? 79 votes

Chinese
    0% 0 votes
    Indian
    30% 24 votes
    Chipper food
    37% 30 votes
    Pizza
    16% 13 votes
    Robocop and chips
    15% 12 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Meatball sanger, from subway.

Italian herb and cheese bread, pickles, olives and jalapenos with south west sauce.

Mmmmmmm mmmmmmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

Usually have a fry (or a mixed grill, i suppose) of a saturday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭the keen edge

Old el paso enchiladas is worth a go
    Mass marketings take on Mexican food, if you could call it so, but tasty hangover food nonetheless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭mongdesade

Breakfast pizza...bacon, sausage, black & white pudding with tomato sauce on a thin crust base...nom nom nom :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Important flaming

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

indian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Ghandee wrote: »
    Meatball sanger, from subway.

Italian herb and cheese bread, pickles, olives and jalapenos with south west sauce.

Funny, I've found that no matter what filling or type of bread you choose, they all kinda taste the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

Saturday is the day I visit the parents. Me ma's stew will be there when I get over. Can't wait! I do love my mothers stew, best meal of the week. Much better than take away IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,448 ✭✭✭✭joes girls

I like to keep my weekends spicy ........ so indian;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

I eat bread straight out of the packet. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Chicken pakora kebab. So good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Thai red curry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Saturdays are NANDO'S chicken salad day though if I an visiting my parents its Coddle day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Mr.Biscuits

Illegal footie ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭superstoner90

Cocopops. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

There won't be anything to eat for me this saturday because I've a cold and can't taste anything.:mad: Its so bloody annoying my sinuses are obstructed and I can't even breathe properly. :mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

I normally make myself breaded chicken with spuddy chips or chicken and rice
    oh and curry with both

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,448 ✭✭✭✭joes girls

There won't be anything to eat for me this saturday because I've a cold and can't taste anything.:mad: Its so bloody annoying my sinuses are obstructed and I can't even breathe properly. :mad::mad:

Manflu ............. poor baby, let me wipe that for you:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

Pile of pints and a football match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Pick something out of a takeout and then add up the total cost. Then go down to a supermarket and spend exactly that amount on food. Go home and eat so much you puke and don't waste any more money on takeout. Anyone who thinks takeout is better than home cooking never made homemade chips/curry/pizza. All fun and easy and delicious.

Anyway, roast sweet potato and a kind of Indian type tuna curry thing tonight. I'm going to steer clear of the booze. I was wrecked earlier this week and have no intention of touching the stuff for a while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I'm in Canada and I'm gonna get poutine om nom nom.

Fries with cheese curds and thick gravy, and I'm feeling a bit flathulach so might get some other toppings! Oh I can't wait!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I had a yummy carvery today in Frends. Chicken curry with rice, lovely.
    Quesadillas from La Salsa would hit the spot too.

3 in 1.

The noodle variety.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

I'm in Canada and I'm gonna get poutine om nom nom.

Fries with cheese curds and thick gravy, and I'm feeling a bit flathulach so might get some other toppings! Oh I can't wait!

I've never been more jealous of anyones geographical location before. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

I've had my sliced sirloin marinading since last night.. :D

.Oster sauce
    .rice wine vinegar
    . fishsauce
    .honey
    . half a stock cube
    .Lemon juice.

then its boil some rice, finely slice red pipers maunt taut, tender brokali stalks..
    and dry the mean for about 3 minis if even, and the veg for a further 2
    serve on rice and top with sliced sping onions and sesame seeds, finely chopped ginger and chillie.

Fvck eating a take away there usually crap I can cook my own food better and fresher... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Ouchette

Shryke wrote: »
    Pick something out of a takeout and then add up the total cost. Then go down to a supermarket and spend exactly that amount on food. Go home and eat so much you puke and don't waste any more money on takeout. Anyone who thinks takeout is better than home cooking never made homemade chips/curry/pizza. All fun and easy and delicious.

Anyway, roast sweet potato and a kind of Indian type tuna curry thing tonight. I'm going to steer clear of the booze. I was wrecked earlier this week and have no intention of touching the stuff for a while.

You must be ordering from the wrong takeaways. Homemade curries are never as good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Snowie wrote: »
    I've had my sliced sirloin marinading since last night.. :D

.Oster sauce
    .rice wine vinegar
    . fishsauce
    .honey
    . half a stock cube
    .Lemon juice.

then its boil some rice, finely slice red pipers maunt taut, tender brokali stalks..
    and dry the mean for about 3 minis if even, and the veg for a further 2
    serve on rice and top with sliced sping onions and sesame seeds, finely chopped ginger and chillie.

Fvck eating a take away there usually crap I can cook my own food better and fresher... :)

too much effort!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Chinese. Om nom nom!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭TehDagsBass

"Chinese", hah! I wouldn't feed the "chinese" food that you get here to a dog. It's vile.

Can't beat a good Indian or Thai curry though so would certainly be going that way myself. If I fancy "a bit of rough" though I'll get a burger and chips from the local chip shop.

Wash either down with a few beers and you're set for the evening :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Kamjana

SteoL wrote: »
    Saturday is the day I visit the parents. Me ma's stew will be there when I get over. Can't wait! I do love my mothers stew, best meal of the week. Much better than take away IMO.

Stew on a Saturday!,thats just wrong :p

For what its worth i had a Chicago town frozen pizza earlier and trust it really is the same a takeaway one,also had some mcain gorgeous chips dipped in beef dripping,very very nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

I just had some lovely Thai food from Kanum. Kanyom I should say.

WindSock wrote: »
    I just had some lovely Thai food from Kanum. Kanyom I should say.
    On Mespil road? Or did you take away from Rathgar?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

Windsock - Thai green chicken curry is my all-time fave dish ever. Would love some now :)

And it isn't as heavy as an Indian, which would be my second choice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Mespil road. Did you see me there? I was leaving the place and clicked my heels with glee with my bag full of chubby take away goodness to be whisked away and scoffed over the other side of the Dublin.

Yeah it is not as heavy as anything else. Got me a red curry and a krapow spicy thing. Wish I was eating it again. Right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭IrishAm

Kamjana wrote: »

Sacrilege. Stew is never wrong. Hand in your Irish passport and leave. :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Deus Ex Machina

I dislike it when people refer to dinner as "a feed".

Mespil road. Did you see me there? I was leaving the place and clicked my heels with glee with my bag full of chubby take away goodness to be whisked away and scoffed over the other side of the Dublin.

Yeah it is not as heavy as anything else. Got me a red curry and a krapow spicy thing. Wish I was eating it again. Right now.

Er, can't say I saw you there no! However, I'm a regular customer of Kanum's, or I should say I was until I found Diep at Home.

Kanum Mespil Road is brilliant, however the local one to us is Rathgar which unfortunately is a farce. Diep at Home opened in Dundrum and we order from there 1+ times per week now.

Thai food > Indian Food >>>>>>>> The rest :) I had a chicken red curry with boiled rice and a massive bag of Thai prawn crackers last night and I'm still drooling about it now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Kamjana

IrishAm wrote: »
    Sacrilege. Stew is never wrong. Hand in your Irish passport and leave. :)

On a weekend it is!,stew is only a weekday dinner :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭dirtyden

SteoL wrote: »

Awesome.

It really is hard to beat a good mammy dinner.

God bless mammies.

I prefer the pot roast sundays to the stews.

I used to love going to Saba when I lived in Dublin. God, that place is divine. I'd be looking forward to going there all week.

There hasn't been any decent Thai places where I live for ages, but a Lemongrass opened recently and I was walking past at lunch time the other day and it looked very busy... must get down there for my fix.

• Advertisement

I dislike it when people refer to dinner as "a feed".

Same with "the breakfast".

:D

I used to love going to Saba when I lived in Dublin. God, that place is divine. I'd be looking forward to going there all week.

There hasn't been any decent Thai places where I live for ages, but a Lemongrass opened recently and I was walking past at lunch time the other day and it looked very busy... must get down there for my fix.

I thought all of the Lemongrass branches had closed down. I used to love the Howth branch and the one out by the Phoenix Park. Nicest dishes they had were the Beef Garlic and Chilli Stir Fry and Turkey Schezuan, both served with fried noodle. It's been years, I'm starving now just thinking about it.

I do hope Lemongrass is making a comeback!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

A hot curry will sort you out in no time. Does wonders for a stuffed up nose.

Kamjana wrote: »

For what its worth i had a Chicago town frozen pizza earlier and trust it really is the same a takeaway one,also had some mcain gorgeous chips dipped in beef dripping,very very nice.

I live for my Sat stew! I do look forward to it during the week.

Advertisement