Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada: Applying for IEC visa from Australia?

Options
  • 05-05-2012 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭

Currently in Australia, could i apply to IEC 2013 from here?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

Bump

• Registered Users Posts: 5 aileenc13

I was also wondering about this. I am currently in Australia but would like to go to Canada in January 2013. Are visas issued for January?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

Keep in mind that if ye have been Australia for 18 months or more in the past 3 years you won't get a Canadian visa.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 aileenc13

That is not a problem but thanks for the advice. Really want to find out if Visas are available for January if anyone can help me out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭red menace

aileenc13 wrote: »
    That is not a problem but thanks for the advice. Really want to find out if Visas are available for January if anyone can help me out.

The 2012 visas programme opened in December 2011 . Based on the wait times describe here you would be doing seriously well to have it by February

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭red menace

red menace wrote: »
    aileenc13 wrote: »

The 2012 visas programme opened in December 2011 . Based on the wait times describe here you would be doing seriously well to have it by February

Or there is 400 visas left ypu could chance applying now if ypu can get police certs gathered up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

There's only 400 visas left for this year. The process of applying for Canadian visas is a bit more complicated than applying for Australian ones. One mistake and they will reject your application so it's a set back time wise. You will also need to organise Irish and Australian police certs before you can make your application. Time wise, it would be very tight to get a visa for this year that will enable you to travel in January given that there aren't many left.

There's also next year's programme as Red Menace said. It should open in December but the processing times are not short so it's unlikely you'll have your LOI to travel in January.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭DaveDaRave1

The process is much quicker if you apply first thing ( in december)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

Should I get my police while here in Auz?

Advertisement