Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fracking and Donegal

Options
  • 05-05-2012 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭

As am sure lots of people aware there has been a lot of discussion about the Gas extraction technique Hydraulic Fracturing. People probably most associate it with Leitrim and Fermanagh but here is a link to a report by Sligo-based hydrogeologist Davide Gallazzi on the threat to Ballyshannon water supply. I suppose its important to realise this is a national issue that doesnt just affect Leitrim. http://goodenergiesalliancedotcom.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/ballyshannon-limestone-press-release.pdf

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tuppence

Fracking is a national as well as international issue. Its not just confined to leitrim although thats where they propose to start. Its important that everyone pulls together to stop them before they start, its in their interest to do so. Useful link for people to see if they are in a townland is licenced for fracking.

http://www.indymedia.ie/article/101995

• Registered Users Posts: 46,100 ✭✭✭✭muffler

tuppence wrote: »
    Fracking is a national as well as international issue.
    Couldn't agree more.

And that is why Im putting an end here and now to the continual and deliberate posting and bumping of threads on the topic across various county and regional forums. I am not going to allow my forums to be used for soap boxing.

garth-marenghi and tuppence please post your concerns from now on in one of the forums that encompasses the entire country. Thanks.

Thread locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement