Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rip off USIT

Options
  • 05-05-2012 2:15pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 323 ✭✭

Howdy folks,anyone using usit for the IEC visa?Paid €400 for what really just amounts to a night in a hostel,checking your papers over and an orientation meeting on arrival(+overpriced flights & ins)

Posting here see how many people have used the,ahem,services and are as disatified as myself with what amounts to a lucrative scam for them.
    I suggest that if there's enough of us,we should complain en-mass and see if there's any way we can get some sort refund.would to love hear peoples thoughts on this.

(mods move if appropriate,but would prefer if its left here as the relevant people are more likely to see it and respond)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭DaveDaRave1

Does the 400 include the cost of the Visa? how much were the flights and insurance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

USIT used to have a monopoly on the visas until the 2010 programme. I went through USIT because I didn't have a choice. You should have seen all the negative threads about USIT around here a few years ago. I'm guessing you only figured out you could do the whole thing yourself now...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 323 ✭✭emigrate2012

Does the 400 include the cost of the Visa? how much were the flights and insurance?
    nope,that's through the embassy(€105).
    As for flights I'm not going near usit a mate paid 700ish plus another 350 for his "free" change.dont know bout insurance but id imagine they'll (usit) would be more expensive as well.do it yourself,the forms aren't really that tricky tbh,just double check everything yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Jonty

"3.You must book your return flights and insurance with USIT in order to avail of the offer of SWAP arrivals service and first nights accommodation and the FREE Application Form filling assistance."

Taken from Usit's own site
    http://www.usit.ie/work-abroad/canad...and-conditions

I'm thinking that if you tell them u don't want to use the swap services you don't have to book flights.

J

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

Got burned by USIT charging to switch the date on my return flight before, which was supposedly free as part of the 1000 euro I had paid them for flights

never again

• Advertisement
Advertisement