Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ghost spirits

Options
  • 05-05-2012 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Do people think when our loved ones die that they are watching over us, i have had a few close people die over the years and i sometimes feel there presence or feel like they are watching out for me.. i just wanna know does anyone else get these same feelings that there loved ones are watching over us?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 405 ✭✭Yeah Yeah Yeah

I'd say thats a def.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭shanered

Its one of those things isn't it.
    ya never know, but its nice if you get that feeling...

• Registered Users Posts: 24 ssallyg

Yes i believe they are watching over us...and sometimes visit us in dreams etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

lizerb23 wrote: »
    Do people think when our loved ones die that they are watching over us, i have had a few close people die over the years and i sometimes feel there presence or feel like they are watching out for me.. i just wanna know does anyone else get these same feelings that there loved ones are watching over us?

It's a really nice sentiment, & I'd love to think so. It'd be so comforting.

However, the skeptic in me says realistically probably not. Where would such a spirit go when an entire family is lost? When a bloodline ends? And if this is the case, wouldn't there be spirits from humans who died hundreds & thousands of years ago still here?

The thought if spirits 'moving on' when they need to seems a bit to easy an answer to me. As I said though, it's a really nice thought & sometimes I even like to think it too

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭dvae

just some input to what the bible says about the condition of the dead.

Ecclesiastes 9:5-6

5For the living know that they will die,
    but the dead know nothing;
    they have no further reward,
    and even the memory of them is forgotten.
    6Their love, their hate
    and their jealousy have long since vanished;
    never again will they have a part
    in anything that happens under the sun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭kevap

Without a shadow of a doubt they visit us.
    I have up until recently never believed in it being possible but have recently been turned into a 100% believer.
    Long story!!
    But I can tell you now, what happened to me was impossible to write off as imagination etc.
    They exist & do watch over you.
    I think it's lovely to have that - they mean no harm.
    Take care..

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I wouldn't like to think so, I'd prefer them to stay away until I join them. I know its a question we here on earth can't answer but I don't like the idea of people not 'passing on' so to speak. It worries that some could be in a confused state, i.e not realising they're dead.

Please believe me when I say I know they are around. Think of it as a comforting thing. Far too many incidents have happened in front of my eyes for them to not exist. I think its lovely they stay to look out for you. Don't be afraid of em.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Had a dream last night , Myself and my Grandfather who died in 2002 just standing in a grassy area nothing else and we were chatting , and he was asking me about things that are associated with my present life (fiance,dog,house,job,car etc) none of these i'd had in back then as i was only 18, It felt so real and creepy , I woke up shivering and immediatly tried to go back to sleep to ask him some questions but alas i couldn't , Just a dream or what ?? BTW i have never even been in this forum as im usually skeptical about these kind of things

Had a dream last night , Myself and my Grandfather who died in 2002 just standing in a grassy area nothing else and we were chatting , and he was asking me about things that are associated with my present life (fiance,dog,house,job,car etc) none of these i'd had in back then as i was only 18, It felt so real and creepy , I woke up shivering and immediatly tried to go back to sleep to ask him some questions but alas i couldn't , Just a dream or what ?? BTW i have never even been in this forum as im usually skeptical about these kind of things

Hi Brian,
    Not sure if that question is aimed at me or anyone?
    I really can't say if the dream process is real, sorry. I can just speak from my own experiences of being contacted by people who are now gone. Seemingly, again from my experience, they can't necessarily see each other too for some reason. I can't explain this, I can only tell what they've told me in my experiences. Sometimes their explanations don't make sense. You've gotta ask yourself: do you ever feel his presence? Do you have slightly strange things happen to you or in your home from time to time? If not, don't worry. In fact don't worry either way unless its getting out of control. They have told me they are governed by a higher power. This might be why we don't always have things happen to us. Some sneak through, some dont. Sneak being the wrong word, allowed I suppose you could say. Very sorry to hear about your loss, but I can say that every passed on person who I have been in contact with so far have said they're happy. They normally always ask this question of us too. I hope this helps a little. I promise I am not lying!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Just a general question for anyone really who is in this thread and may have similar expeiriances as i said its my 1st time expeiriancing anything like this really just found it to be very real (unlike most of my dreams) and very not unsettling but ...I don't know really how to explain it , but yeah it was a strange one to be fair

Just a general question for anyone really who is in this thread and may have similar expeiriances as i said its my 1st time expeiriancing anything like this really just found it to be very real (unlike most of my dreams) and very not unsettling but ...I don't know really how to explain it , but yeah it was a strange one to be fair

No worries, I'd take it as a positive thing anyway if I was you.
    I know I'm not crazy & that they can communicate with us. I've seen it with my own eyes as have others around me - it all started for me with someone trying to communicate with my wife for example. Now we both experience stuff - it has even happened to guests in our home. It's all very cool I think anyway & hope you can take the positives from your experience. Best of luck with it..

Advertisement