Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aston Villa v Spurs

Options
  • 05-05-2012 3:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭

:eek: BIG GAME :eek:

COYS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Hatch99 wrote: »

COYS
    Unchanged team from midweek please.
    Sandro to start over Parker!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭jiltloop

Unchanged team from midweek please.

+1 for Sandro. We need to score a couple of early goals and start off with a high tempo. If we get those early goals we should cruise through. If not it could be a painful and nerve wrecking 90mins.
    Sandro would be a better option to start with and maybe if we are in a comfortable position in the 2nd half bring on parker and give him 20-30mins on the pitch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

Massive just massive game

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

UNLEASH THE BEAST! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

As I said in the other thread I'll take any three points I'm simply not going to watch it and throw on the really results tomorrow evening

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Bloody hell, massive game does not describe this one. I am both looking forward to it and dreading it the same amount haha :D. COYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Mullo76

KingdomYid wrote: »
    Bloody hell, massive game does not describe this one. I am both looking forward to it and dreading it the same amount haha :D. COYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    My nerves are fcuking shot. This is the type of game we have always messed up- no more, think Harry will start Parker though wud rather sandro started. Believe... COYS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Emoran

Mullo76 wrote: »
    KingdomYid wrote: »
    My nerves are fcuking shot. This is the type of game we have always messed up- no more, think Harry will start Parker though wud rather sandro started. Believe... COYS

You said it chief.... Believe !!!

Biggest game we've played in league terms in a long long time.

COYS!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

What a nerve wracking game it's going to be,a win and we're 3rd again,unbelievable jeff.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭ConorSTF

Massive game for Spurs tomorrow. Fancy them to win comfortably -- Aston Villa have been atrocious recently. Would be fantastic for Spurs to be able to go into the last weekend with their faith in their own hands, and not to be relying on results elsewhere.

*Not a Spurs fan, but I can't post in the Soccer forum yet. Hope you don't mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭bradolf pittler

Revenge for 2006 (lasangnagate)is just 2 games away,The stick i've been getting for the last few months from the gooners in work has been unbearable and i'd love for newcastle and us to grab 3rd and 4th of them would be like 10 xmas'.
    As for Villa,i expect the same team that beat bolton for us tomorrow,an early goal to calm the nerves and we should be fine,so heres hoping given and dunne keep their heroic's for poland next month.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Revenge for 2006 (lasangnagate)is just 2 games away,The stick i've been getting for the last few months from the gooners in work has been unbearable and i'd love for newcastle and us to grab 3rd and 4th of them would be like 10 xmas'.
    As for Villa,i expect the same team that beat bolton for us tomorrow,an early goal to calm the nerves and we should be fine,so heres hoping given and dunne keep their heroic's for poland next month.
    I agree with all of your post:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭yidweiser

Happy Gilmore time - YOU CAN DO IT! :D
    Man, imagine ourselves and Newcastle qualified for the CL!

COYS COYS COYS.............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

How things have changed !

Win 2 games and we finish 3rd - amazing stuff

I'd hate to have to watch the champs league final hoping Chelsea lose so 4th wud get through

Confidence looks to be returning to the lads and we have a good record against villa

0-2 to us with vdv and ade

Read today that Psg want ade - I know his touch is a bit off sometimes but he is a top class front man who can lead the line on his own

He holds it up well and has the guy ever been caught offside ??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

Not sure if we will beat villa today but if we don't we don't deserve third or even fourth, they are the worst team in the pl aside from wolves at the mo IMO. I can see a mirror image of the Blackburn game except with Richard dunne, the chuck Norris of pl defenders

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭CrackisWhack

Your lot should win this one, we have been terrible as of late, at least Dunne is back in action now, should have been well beaten by West Brom last week, Given made a few fantastic saves, McLeish started 6 defenders last week, and he will more than likely do the same again and hope for the point. God its depressing being a Villa fan at the moment:o

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭yidweiser

Sure is a tough vocation being a Villa fan this weather CrackisWhack.
    My brother is also a Villa man.
    I'm afraid I'll be hoping we can win against ye and keep the pressure on.
    Really hope Villa stay up though.
    McLeish should never have been appointed.
    Lerner's fault there.
    Next manager will be a big part in where you end up next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭basillarkin

It should be a relativity straight forward 3 points for Spurs, Villa have been crap all season, not helped by having a clown of a manger in charge who's speciality is getting teams relagated.

It is there for the taking Bale should destroy Hutton, Modric will have a lot of time on the ball in the middle, Villa have nothing upfront and have been better on their travels this season. I see a 3 nil victory for Spurs.
    Hatch99 wrote: »

COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

VDV on the score sheet. Reckon it'll be a tough game and hopefully we just edge it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I'm giddy with excitement........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Going to be in work for this one, gutted. But all I really care about is the 3points! Hopefully we can capitalize on the gunners draw yesterday and snatch 3rd back!

COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

It should be a relativity straight forward 3 points for Spurs, Villa have been crap all season, not helped by having a clown of a manger in charge who's speciality is getting teams relagated.

It is there for the taking Bale should destroy Hutton, Modric will have a lot of time on the ball in the middle, Villa have nothing upfront and have been better on their travels this season. I see a 3 nil victory for Spurs.
    It's there for the taking but it's NEVER straightforward for us to win when we should! With all the twists and turns in the race for third the past few months I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we lost 3-0. I'll probably end up watching this match on the toilet because I'll be ****ting myself every time Villa get near our penalty box:eek:
    COYS

Parker on bench team unchanged!

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭ConorSTF

Friedel
    Walker, Kaboul, Gallas, Rose
    Lennon, Sandro, Modric, Bale
    Van der Vaart
    Adebayor

Starting XI.

Subs

Cudicini, Nelsen, Livermore, Parker, Defoe, Giovani, Saha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

Does anybody know if this is on the tv?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

I'll post a stream anyways once I find one, or I'll just PM anyone that needs it considering the legal problems around them.

Given
    Hutton--Dunne--Cuellar-Warnock
    Lichaj--Herd--Clark--Nzogbia--
    Ireland
    Heskey

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Walker aint playing lads according to Sky. Dawson in and Kaboul rf

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Dawson is back? I thought he was out for the season?

Advertisement