Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aston Villa v Spurs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Bale at LB can't happen imo, we need him up top. I'd like to see 3 at the back, playing all of vdV, Ade and Defoe. Don't think we'll see it though. Most likely thing is Kaboul at LB I'd say, with either Nelsen or King to return.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Agree, don't like the name calling.
    But his actions have been disgraceful at times, there is no denying that.

Agree John, was screaming out for another striker at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,734 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Seillejet wrote: »
    Must be the optimist in me but I think we will get 3rd. WBA will want to finish their season well while Jol with let Fulham roll over and tickle Fulham bellies.

Newcastle are out of the reckoning for fourth just in case and Bayern are going to tear Chelsea a new one on May 19th.

I'm scheduling my Wednesday Champo's league TV viewing for next season already.

COYS!!

We had the opportunity to have it in our own hands though. Now we are relying on WBA and/or Bayern to do us a favour. Villa were about as threatening as a kitten and he brings on Parker? I've been through the gamut of emotions with Spurs through the years but I've not been this frustrated in a long time. Just show some fcuking balls and go take the 3 points that are on offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

KingdomYid wrote: »
    Agree John, was screaming out for another striker at the end.

He didn't know what to do. Sure the commentators were laughing at him, fellas warming up, sitting down, him jordan and bond all talking and no ideas.

Spurs desperate for a goal to all but secure 3rd place, defoe, saha and giovani all on the bench and parker comes on...says it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Vuzuggu wrote: »
    What disability does Redknapp have?

He was involved in a very serious car accident where 5 people were killed in 1990 - including the chairman of bournmouth fc at the time Harry was managing them. He was believed dead himself at the time. He suffered a fractured skull, a broken nose, cracked ribs and a gash in his left leg. The facial tic is a result of the damage to his face sustained in the crash.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

He was involved in a very serious car accident where 5 people were killed in 1990 - including the chairman of bournmouth fc at the time Harry was managing them. He was believed dead himself at the time. He suffered a fractured skull, a broken nose, cracked ribs and a gash in his left leg. The facial tic is a result of the damage to his face sustained in the crash.

Never new that.

Jaysus, only after finding that out there :eek:

From wiki;
    In June 1990, while in Italy to watch the World Cup, Redknapp was involved in a road accident along with Michael Sinclair, the chairman of York City, Fred Whitehouse, the chairman of Aston Villa and Bournemouth's managing director Brian Tiler, who died along with four other people. Travelling through Latina, south of Rome, their minibus was in collision with a car containing several Italian soldiers. Their vehicle was flipped onto its roof and skidded fifty yards along the road. Redknapp was doused in petrol and pulled clear of the accident by Sinclair. Redknapp suffered a fractured skull, a broken nose, cracked ribs and a gash in his left leg. Ambulance services arriving at the scene believed him dead and placed a blanket over his head. Unconscious for two days Redknapp was flown home two weeks later in a special air ambulance paid for by AFC Bournemouth.[26] Though he made a full recovery (apart from losing his sense of smell and gaining a facial tic), he eventually quit Bournemouth at the end of the 1991-92 season

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭nipps

i know 'arry has done so much for the club nd all, but after todays performance i just think its time to look for a better manager.

its been said already, but what in gods name was going through his head!!!
    parker of all people for vdv, when we're at 1-1 with 10 mins to play and despite being down to 10 men we're still dominating. any fcukin idiot wud hav known that defoe should hav come on! 'arry seems to hav no faith in him. its an absolute farce

our tactics are all over the place, too many times hav i seen us in the same situation this season looking for a winner against a team we're dominating. i dont blame just harry, but the management too. where is the plan b??? harry changed his mind with the subs 3 or 4 times aswell

when we went on that wonderful run at the start of the season, our main threat/source of goals was from fast counter attacks from bale and lennon down the wings. since christmas bale has started coming infield and is tryin to do it all and we just havnt been the same. why havnt they picked up on this, it seems dat every1 but the management hav realised it, KEEP BALE OUT ON THE WING!!!

today we had near 20 corners. with the exception of the one where kaboul layed on the shot for vdv, every1 other one was awful and a waste. if it was up to me i'd hav modric taking them from the right and bale/vdv from the left.

sorry bout the rant but i'm just so frustrated and disappointed.

i must say though that i thought sandro had a great game and is going to be a quality player for us.

THFC wrote: »
    Jaysus, only after finding that out there :eek:

From wiki;

Yeah a horrible crash - I've no problem with calling him a clown based on tactics - don't understand todays substitution at all myself. But as far as I'm concerned there should be no place here or anywhere for slagging his personal appearances from injuries caused by it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Nothing surprises me anymore,

For a brief moment before kick off I was beginning to believe. We have to pray for things to go our way next weekend. I'm disappointed but I would have taken this position all day long 4 weeks ago.

• Advertisement

ziedth wrote: »
    Nothing surprises me anymore,

For a brief moment before kick off I was beginning to believe. We have to pray for things to go our way next weekend. I'm disappointed but I would have taken this position all day long 4 weeks ago.

So disappointed at the moment. We are now a home win away from guaranteed 4th place, and then we all become Bayern fans. Oh Spurs why do you make our lives so bloody nerve wracking :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Herrick

Just saw the result lads. Where exactly does this leave us and what do we need to happen on the last day for 3/4 position?

Herrick wrote: »
    Just saw the result lads. Where exactly does this leave us and what do we need to happen on the last day for 3/4 position?

If we win, we are guaranteed 4th at least. If goons drop points and we win we are 3rd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

didnt know that and wasnt mocking him on the back of that , apologies didnt mean to offend

Just frustrated. Name calling uncalled for on my part.

i'd still prefer if we had a new manager next season.

Herrick wrote: »
    Point behind Arsenal, point ahead of Newcastle. Arsenal are away to West Brom, we're home to Fulham and Newcastle are away to Everton. If Chelsea win the CL only 3rd is good enough for CL next year, hence why today was so important. That and the fact we haven't finished above Arsenal since I dont know when...

BERBA wrote: »
    didnt know that and wasnt mocking him on the back of that , apologies didnt mean to offend

Just frustrated. Name calling uncalled for on my part.

Fair play for that.

Trust me am equally as frustrated !

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Everything In Its Right Place

i'm dissapointed with result like everyone but you cant expect to win every game. these teams are fighting for there lives so so they are going to have some grit and determination. Yes villa have been poor but form goes out the window in these games and 7 points from 9 isnt bad considering where we were two weeks ago.

Im sick of everyone insulting Harry. Hes done wonders for this club thats why were sitting fourth and not eleventh. Yes we question his tactics but in fairness he knows the players A LOT more than any of us do. We need to get behind regardless of what happens next week.

I think we will beat Fulham who have nothing to play for and Bayern have a massive advantage being at home in the CLF. also chelsea are missing key players. and you never know Arse could slip up against west brom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

People and especially u berba :-) have such hate for the man , it's unbelievable

Harry will b our manager next season so we may as well get to grips with it

i'm dissapointed with result like everyone but you cant expect to win every game. these teams are fighting for there lives so so they are going to have some grit and determination. Yes villa have been poor but form goes out the window in these games and 7 points from 9 isnt bad considering where we were two weeks ago.

Im sick of everyone insulting Harry. Hes done wonders for this club thats why were sitting fourth and not eleventh. Yes we question his tactics but in fairness he knows the players A LOT more than any of us do. We need to get behind regardless of what happens next week.

I think we will beat Fulham who have nothing to play for and Bayern have a massive advantage being at home in the CLF. also chelsea are missing key players. and you never know Arse could slip up against west brom

There is nothing wrong with criticising mate, we are all entitled to our opinion.

I'll still shout and scream as loud as ever next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,734 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Villa were poor today and were there for the taking. Harry was happy with a point that leaves us relying on other results. I don't care if we were on a 5-year winning streak.. surely you go for the best possible result.

Defoe or VDV are more likely to score a winner than Parker. I don't need to see the players every day in training to know that much.

I don't want to be relying on WBA or Bayern. We had a chance to get ourselves 3rd place and guarantee our own destiny. I don't want to be looking at the Arsenal score next week, or having to watch the CL final on tenderhooks, or sit through another CL qualifier like the one in Switzerland.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

mickman wrote: »
    People and especially u berba :-) have such hate for the man , it's unbelievable

Harry will b our manager next season so we may as well get to grips with it

you wouldnt see any other manager do what he does. Rolling down the window in the range rover to talk to reporters at every opportunity he gets. And some of his decisions are laughable. He was about to leave us high and dry for engerland , he wouldnt sign a new contract last Feb and now he's hoping he gets one.

I for one hope he doesnt get one , there are better managers out there for us.

BERBA wrote: »
    you wouldnt see any other manager do what he does. Rolling down the range rover to talk to reporters at every opportunity he gets. And some of his decisions are laughable. He was about to leave us high and dry for engerland , he wouldnt sign a new contract last Feb and now he's hoping he gets one.

I for one hope he doesnt get one , there are better managers out there for us.

Agree with all of that Berba.

Time for a couple of beers me thinks. What a disappointing day :(, to the pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Everything In Its Right Place

the funny thing is if we scored in the last minute off Givens backside we'd all be saying how amazing it is. The league is so unpredictable at the moment with all the top teams dropping points

KingdomYid wrote: »
    Time for a couple of beers me thinks. What a disappointing day :(, to the pub.

At home, nearly ready to hit the 2nd box of beers :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

I didn't catch any of the game so I'll be tuning into football first tonight. Heard Dunne had a savage game? Possible purchase for the summer perhaps.

If we manage to finish 4th I'll be chuffed. For the majority of the season our football was of the highest quality. We we're choosen as the most entertaining footballing side to watch in the premiership.

Anything could happen next Sunday, already looking forward to the new season!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭gar

Any chance rose and Hutton don't like each other and hence the follow through? They are still team mates technically

gar wrote: »
    Any chance rose and Hutton don't like each other and hence the follow through? They are still team mates technically

Nah just seemed a bit clumsy to me, still a red though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Looked a little like N'zogbia gave Rose a little nudge before the tackle. Possibly added unintended momentum to the challenge making it a whole lot worse?

Also find strange, Weimann's tackle that ended his game was completely wreckless, he slid along the ground toward Friedel with both feet in the air. Is there another rule for tackling goalkeepers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

All we can do now is beat fulham.

Dissapointing to draw with villa they offered nothing going forward and were lucky to get the goal.

Sandro is such a beast though.

How do ten men make it look like the other team are down to ten men?

Advertisement