Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrading Graphics card

Options
  • 05-05-2012 4:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I'm currently upgrading someones pc an old Packard bell imedia s1300
    Spec:
    CPU: AMD Athlon II x4 605e (64 bit).
    RAM: 3072 MB
    Graphics: GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 (intergrated).
    Mobo: DA061L-3D with a PCI-e (x16) slot available (need a low profile card very small space).
    PSU: HP-D250AA0 (250W).

It's an older machine but he wants to play WoW (which currently runs at 17 FPS) and eventually Guild Wars 2 and Diablo 3.

I bought a sapphire HD 6450 under some advice but the computer freezes up on the win7 log in screen. My first assumption was it was drawing too much power from the weak PSU, but it did get quite far the first time after install (installed half the driver CD included).

So before i sell the HD 6450 on eBay, are there any other graphics cards I could try or any cheap PSU? (my friend is on a low budget but will probably get a whole new computer close to Christmas. so I'm trying to get something that lasts until then)

Any other questions just ask

Advertisement