Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

wrong change

• 05-05-2012 4:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭

I'm just after noticing that I was given the wrong change because I'm down 20 from my wallet. Happened about an hour ago. Should I race back?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

You're 20?
    Pics?

edit, damn your ninja edit OP :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,356 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Your Fooked, way to late, who's to say you didn't blow it on hokes in the last hour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

Down 20 what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

Your Fooked, way to late, who's to say you didn't blow it on hokes in the last hour.

Yeah, thats what I was thinking

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Of course go back now, don't let them railroad you either stick to your guns and ask for the till camera (hopefully they have one) to be checked if necessary.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭the keen edge

Why bother, you obviously cant be trusted with money, chances are you've done it before and will do it again.

Any more just barter for goods and services, or get an adult to do the shopping for you.

You just concentration on continuing breathing oxygen, converting organic compounds in to energy and not killing the rest of us citizens through your irresponsible follies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭cesc77

you had a fifty!?:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

Of course go back now, don't let them railroad you either stick to your guns and ask for the till camera (hopefully they have one) to be checked if necessary.

Money is going to be very tight as it is for the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Steven81

Have an opinion yourself rather than asking everyone on boards what to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

What shop was it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

Saw this done on telly on that show where they expose scams. On BBC3. Go back to stop with a 50 and ask for 3 tenners and a twenty. When the assistant gives the change ask for one of the tenners to be changed to a fiver and five ones whilst slipping the twenty drop it to the floor. Then when the assistant you the change of the tenner ask her for the twenty and hopefully she will be so confused she will give you the 20 back. If she says she gave it to you locate the one on the ground and smile and say oh you did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

Saw this done on telly on that show where they expose scams. On BBC3. Go back to stop with a 50 and ask for 3 tenners and a twenty. When the assistant gives the change ask for one of the tenners to be changed to a fiver and five ones whilst slipping the twenty drop it to the floor. Then when the assistant you the change of the tenner ask her for the twenty and hopefully she will be so confused she will give you the 20 back. If she says she gave it to you locate the one on the ground and smile and say oh you did.

Someone tried to do it to me before. I caught on what was happening and grabbed the money and threw the whole lot in the till. Closed the till and took it into the office and counted it. I gave them whatever was left once I balanced the float and told them never to come back and the CCTV was going to the police.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭trollin trollin trollin

In Ireland shop robs you.

Maybe it's a new cash transactions tax :pac:

Got shortchanged twice at the work canteen over the past 2 weeks to the total of €3.Only going to spend 60c a day there now to buy bread so they can't swindle me.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Chamone MF

ilovesleep wrote: »
    I'm just after noticing that I was given the wrong change because I'm down 20 from my wallet. Happened about an hour ago. Should I race back?

I sir have your solution.
    Till-man is here, to save not just you....but all the other ungrateful halfwits of Boards.

Go back - ask them to do a 'till-read' sometimes known as a 'z read'.

Basically its a totaling of the days takings on a separate receipt - its kept for accounts. They print it off at the end of the day.

Their total should hopefully be +20...you are there with your story of incompetence and your puppy dog eyes..odds are you'll get it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭H2UMrsRobinson

I worked in retail for while and been a customer for like most of my life.

A little tip i use, on either side of the counter. When handing the money to the cashier I always say out loud "there's 10, 20 or 50" if it's a note. reinforces in your mind and the cashiers what you've just given them. If they give you the wrong change you simply state NO, remember I gave you a 50, i called it out to you, it's not failed me yet.

Likewise as a cashier I used to say "thanks, that's 10,20 or 50 and here's your change". It doesn't sound as silly as you think it might.

OP you should go back if it's not more that 20 quids worth of trouble to you. What have you got to lose.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭wilkie2006

Nah, don't bother. Leg it back in with a balaclava over your face, shouting and swearing.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭CavanCrew

Go back, you have nothing to lose now.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭jakobgallagher

There's a certain late bar in dun laoghaire and the amount of times i've been short changed and had to point it out to the bar staff in unbelievable, you would almost think they were deliberately short changing people who they thought were drunk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭confusticated

Go back OP, usual procedure would be they'd take your number and if the till is up by 20 tonight when they count it, they'll keep it for you til you call in tomorrow...been like that where I've worked anyway.

Advertisement