Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nincompoopish/ditzy behaviour.

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 587 ✭✭✭stacexD

Borrowed my dads car keys the other day when he was in Tesco so that I could get clothes out of the car.
    Drove off to Waterford with his car keys and no clothes... poor fella stranded in Tesco calling to see where I was!

Oh and today my brother called me to ask how much something was, so I pulled the receipt out of my purse and threw the fiver that came with it on the floor cuz I couldnt check the receipt and keep the fiver at the same time... then realised what I did a few minutes later!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Checking that something is switched off or locked and then forgetting immediately whether it is actually locked or switched off. Rinse and repeat several times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

One my mother happened to do.

Her car was covered in snow and she felt the best way to clear it was with a shovel. :rolleyes:

Scratched the whole thing up. (Idiot).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 102 ✭✭Dannyg90

used to do this one a bit- concentrating on writing an essay in school when suddenly oh **** where's my pen? turn and start angrily asking everyone where's my pen and who took it, one min later i realise the pen is in my hand

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Rega

Yesterday I did the shopping, paid for my parking ticket at the machine, went up to the car. NO TICKET. Emptied my wallet, pockets, even looked through the shopping. Then went back downstairs to the ticket machine to spot a nice couple putting my ticket on top of it. Sheepishly said "That's mine". The lady passed it to me. I just smiled and said "I'm a right fukking eejit" and away I went.

My other little peccadillo is when I go to leave a shop or restaurant and the sign on the door says PUSH my brain seems to see that as a challenge and I will invariably pull the door first. Every. Single. Time.

(I love the word 'peccadillo'!)

• Registered Users Posts: 48 MrShine

I've done so may of these things!

Once, while half way through a pizza, I decided it was too spicy, and took off all the jalapeno peppers. I then realized I was in a rush to go out, and ran upstairs, gave my hands a quick rinse(not nearly enough), and put in my contact lens with the same hand I removed the peppers with. It was like putting needles in my eyes.

Once, when I was 16 after two days no sleep and school, I groggily wandered over to my fridge, opened it, and came scarily close to urinating directly into it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

I've apologised to lampposts for bumping into them.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭skyflyer

I almost try to say thanks to the driver when getting off the Luas, no matter what door I use. Luckily, I catch myself in time. :o Old habits...

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭MadameGascar

Walking through shopping centers or into shops when its been raining outside with my umbrella still up, and then when I realize I continue & try act like its supposed to be that way, like I couldn't have been arsed taking it down, so I don't look silly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Fixing the internet on our aging desktop computer, using my laptop to google the solutions.
    Go to type something on the desktop, nothing comes up. After getting more and more frustrated with it I look down at my laptop screen and find a bunch of gibberish typed on it :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

I have a really annoying habit of taking car keys out of the ignition putting them in my suitcase like hand bag, getting out of the car and spending the next ten minutes rooting for the keys so I can lock the door. It drives me crazy but I can't seem to break the habit.:(

Was in wexford town a few weeks ago walking down the pedestrian road admiring myself in the shops windows and walked straight into one of those metal bollard things. It was exactly the same height as my crotch. Ouch, I was so embarrassed. But in the plus side I can now confirm that yes, I am dangerously good looking:)

More than once I've been looking for my glasses while wearing them.

Thats because you're a stupid head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Got into the passenger seat of my own car. Had the door closed n all before I realised :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Battered Mars Bar

That thing people do, where they're walking along and suddenly realise they're going in the wrong direction. Queue the over animated look of realisation, perhaps even a tut and a murmer before turning incase people think you're crazy for suddenly stopping and turning around.

Other variations are pulling out the mobile for a pretend text, make it look like someone else is to blame.

Ah yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Put the coffee jar in the freezer. Put t-shirt on inside out. I Knocked over a bunch of pens on a desk in specsavers and said' should have went to specsavers'. I don't wear glasss I was getting them for my daughter.

Made my self a cup of gravy instead of a cup of coffee.

Walked into a sigh post in town, don't know how I didn't see it, it was massive.

I've forgotten put oven gloves on and took out the hot tray with my hand - ouchies...

I number of times I've forgotten to lock the house, once I even left the door wide open and drove off. I arrived home and had no recollection of leaving the door open, got to the point I thought the house was haunted, but no it's me leaving the doors unlocked.

• Advertisement

About 6 months ago and after only 3/4 beers, I was trying to light my cigarette for a while when my best friend here bursts out laughin.. Didn't even have a fag in my mouth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭jaffacakesyum

Pissing myself laughing at this thread!! I'm bad but not as funny as some of the stories on here :D

I do the old 'apologising to inanimate objects' thing too, which is probably the most embarrassing :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭zef

I get my cats name and my sons name mixed up occasionally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

I threw a whispa bar wrapper in the toilet this morning :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Laika1986

I was working on tills in a busy shop a couple years ago and liverpool we're playing chelsea, my mate text me when the pool went one up. Instead of shouting "Next Please" I shouted "One nil"

• Advertisement
Advertisement