Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada: want to move but dont know how

Options
  • 05-05-2012 5:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

hi all just wondering if someone can help me my partner is a carpenter and we are really keen to move to canada. but we dont know how. i have read that to get a visa yourself will take forever and cost a lot but that a lot of companies will sponsor your over and sort everything out. He has applied to nearly every company in canada construction wise we are doing it day in day out including the groups that were at the work abroad expo but we havent heard anything back. Has anyone moved or in the process with sponsored work and how did you go about it how did you get it etc etc. we are on social welfare and this country is getting worse and worse things seem like a dead end and we really just want to go we have 1 child as well and want to be able to give him a good life. can someone please give me as much info as possible. thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭jd83

what age are are you and your partner. If under 35 you could apply for the iec program.

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/index.aspx?lang=eng&view=d

There are only around 400 places left so want to hurry. It would give you a years open visa in canada so you could move and look for work. You could also apply again the following year as you can do it twice. So 2 years visa.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/index.asp

This site gives info on all the other types of visa which i dont have a clue about unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Irish-Princess

thanks jd we are both 24 atm i'll have a look at that link but if anyone else has any info i'd be grateful for it

• Registered Users Posts: 43 rapture 3

hi all just wondering if someone can help me my partner is a carpenter and we are really keen to move to canada. but we dont know how. i have read that to get a visa yourself will take forever and cost a lot but that a lot of companies will sponsor your over and sort everything out. He has applied to nearly every company in canada construction wise we are doing it day in day out including the groups that were at the work abroad expo but we havent heard anything back. Has anyone moved or in the process with sponsored work and how did you go about it how did you get it etc etc. we are on social welfare and this country is getting worse and worse things seem like a dead end and we really just want to go we have 1 child as well and want to be able to give him a good life. can someone please give me as much info as possible. thank you
    Hey there,
    same sort of story with me,except i got a job last week and am just waiting on contracts to be signed etc,ive got two girls 12, 7 and am bloody terrified ,but im going for it, i lost my job last august and since have had interviews but no joy,im a welder/steel fabricator 14 + experience no collage work,31 yrs old, and i applied everywhere in canada and eventually i got one, he has just got to keep trying,try edmonton thats where i got mine. :)

yeahthere is loadsa welder jobs going i seen that. there is loadsa carpenter jobs going as well though but just no replies to what he's applying for. dont be worried bout going over its great a new life for you and family. did you have to sort out your own visa. i'd love calgary or edmonton

yeahthere is loadsa welder jobs going i seen that. there is loadsa carpenter jobs going as well though but just no replies to what he's applying for. dont be worried bout going over its great a new life for you and family. did you have to sort out your own visa. i'd love calgary or edmonton
    Hey ,
    no my employer is sorting everything out ,i aint got a clue but when i met him he just said that he ll sort out sponsorship and my visa etc,,,but i would have to get my partners visa and the two kids through my visa, also another thing when interviewed i mentioned certs that i had and he said 'in a nice way '' that they aint worth **** over there as there standards are different to ours, yeah trying to think positive :)

• Advertisement

lol so do you have to do more training when you get over there. Seems pointless them hiring in so many irish tradesmen if their qualifications arent worth *** there

lol so do you have to do more training when you get over there. Seems pointless them hiring in so many irish tradesmen if their qualifications arent worth *** there
    he told me i could if i wanted thats up to me ,,,but then again the experience of working IN Canada seems to be enough .

fingers crossed he gets something would LOVE to go over ireland just aint worth it anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

fingers crossed he gets something would LOVE to go over ireland just aint worth it anymore

You guys should really be gettin on the IEC U-35 visa. It is the quickest way of getting out to Canada and you can choose where you want to go.
    If you get on it straight away you should just about make it for this years quota.

Alternatively you could get looking into companies in Saskatchewan, which seems to be one of the main places that Irish people are being recruited for. I have no company name, but basically any Construction company operating in Saskatchewan is worth contacting.

Best of luck with it.

thanks all how do i go about getting the garda clearance?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭jd83

thanks all how do i go about getting the garda clearance?

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/justice/law_enforcement/police_certificate.html

Advertisement