Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

French

• 05-05-2012 5:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Does someone has a list of topics for french oral exam?
    And list of themes/topics from writen part of an exam that can be prepared

Want to prepare it over a summer. I'am in 5th year now

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 153 ✭✭Raeone

Take the summer off and Relax :)
    Thats the best advice I can give you, don't get too stressed or worried about the leaving cert. If you attend school , do your homework and the work assigned and do study coming up to the leaving cert thats more than enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

If you can, get a copy of Accent Français or Bien Dit. Both are perfect for the oral and cover pretty much every topic you need. :) Don't do too much study over the summer though, there's no need, most people do none at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 inkapinka

omg
    I want to get an A at all subjects. I need to improve my maths and french cause i'am on c leven on those 2...other i'am geting above 90%. I never have a time to study my french and over the whole year nearly never open a book, yes i do my homework but not studing it. 6'th year would be too late, I know my self i never would have a time for french because i usualy study chemistry and biology to stay at A level.
    My idea is to prepare the whole Oral in French and then I'll just will learn it in 6'th year. (Type in the topic and questions with answers on computer it won't take more than 2-3 weeks)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

Go to a French college, it'll do you the world of good :)
    Nevermind studying over the summer, are ya mad? :P Maybe some in August but that's it :L

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭_pure_mule_

dont go near a book in the summer! chill! you have loads of time if you start from the word go in sixth year! going to a french college wouldnt be a bad idea! that what I did!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

If you do want to study in summer, then fair play. I regret not doing it but at the same time, I wouldnt do it if I could go back in time :L

I'd advise learning social problems like alcohol and drugs, impact of technology, obesity, but mainly general vocab. We did one during the week on "The games empire" and how its bad, so you can use any vocab from social problems e.g. "Its a growing problem that we must tackle" and then technology vocab, e.g. "Although technology is good, this is one of its negative impacts". It all links together nicely, just study the exam papers and find patterns to get an idea of what you need to know.

Patchy~ wrote: »
    If you do want to study in summer, then fair play. I regret not doing it but at the same time, I wouldnt do it if I could go back in time :L

I'd advise learning social problems like alcohol and drugs, impact of technology, obesity, but mainly general vocab. We did one during the week on "The games empire" and how its bad, so you can use any vocab from social problems e.g. "Its a growing problem that we must tackle" and then technology vocab, e.g. "Although technology is good, this is one of its negative impacts". It all links together nicely, just study the exam papers and find patterns to get an idea of what you need to know.

thank you)

• Registered Users Posts: 35 tyty

At this point there is really no need yet to do anything specific for the Oral. But of course it is a great idea to use the time that you have and improve your French in general. Watch French movies, read French books and speak French as often as possible, maybe even do a short trip to France if time and money allow. You have about one year left and in this time it is perfectly possible to bring your French close to fluency by just doing fun things and next year you'll notice that you'll hardly have to do any extra work for the Oral.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

inkapinka wrote: »
    omg
    I want to get an A at all subjects. I need to improve my maths and french cause i'am on c leven on those 2...other i'am geting above 90%. I never have a time to study my french and over the whole year nearly never open a book, yes i do my homework but not studing it. 6'th year would be too late, I know my self i never would have a time for french because i usualy study chemistry and biology to stay at A level.
    My idea is to prepare the whole Oral in French and then I'll just will learn it in 6'th year. (Type in the topic and questions with answers on computer it won't take more than 2-3 weeks)

A in English too?

A in English too?

english is the only one in which i'am doing ordinary, i get a in ordinary and do not really care about it, cause i'am happy enough for it)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Elvis_Presley

Make your learning fun. Don't see it as a chore - learning a language is not a chore. it's about communicating with people. Try thinking in French, carry a pocket dictionary with you and when you want to say something, try say it in French and check for words if you need to. Watch French tv - you can stream from canal plus or else where. Le petit journal is quite funny. Speak to french people when you get the chance. As already suggested, go to France if you can. Meet with your friends, have a few beers and try speaking french. There may be foreign students in town over the summer, meet some and maybe speak french half the time and english half the time. I learnt most of my french in a non-study environment, most of it down the pub whilst half leathered and I'm not a million miles from fluent.

And learn how to say some interesting things in French, make your poor bored examiner laugh. Don't be talking the usual crap that people talk - stuff that you would never talk about in real life - learn how to talk the sh•te we speak in Ireland all the time. Makes far better conversation.

And if you really want to do something interesting, go to France for the summer and get a job. French are sound, ignore the stereotypes, you'll have a blast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Fifi123

Hey all, hoping someone can help. I'm a mature student in Mary I and just completed 1st year French, I want to keep it on to degree level but need to improve drastically in all area's. When I started last year it was over 7 years since I had done LC and have forgotten most aspects especially grammar. Can anyone recommend a good tutor or group to help? Based in Limerick City. Thanks

Advertisement