Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Postgrad Interview: Suit?

Options
  • 05-05-2012 6:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭

Hi,

I was just wondering what the norm is to wear to an interview for a postgrad these days? Suit and tie or what?

I've been in the world of work for a good few years so a suit seems automatic for me. I don't know what the fashion is in UCD.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

I don't know what the fashion is in UCD.
    poppedcollar.jpg

:D

Seriously though, you should be fine in a suit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

To be honest with you the dress standard of some lecturers in academia is fairly appalling, one I had regularly wears jeans and runners. Generally none of them wear suits.

But yeah, a suit could be a good idea, you'd definately stand out for your smartness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭pljudge321

Hi,

I was just wondering what the norm is to wear to an interview for a postgrad these days? Suit and tie or what?

I've been in the world of work for a good few years so a suit seems automatic for me. I don't know what the fashion is in UCD.

Thanks!

What kind of postgrad, and what kind of interview (i.e. were you invited or are they interviewing several people on the one day?

• Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭OneOfThem Stumbled

Kind of unusual, but wouldn't hurt in the context of business post-grad courses or paid research.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

For the PhD I'm currently doing, I went smart casual to the interview, as a suit seemed a bit much, but there were people there be-suited.

• Advertisement
Advertisement