Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Onion Rings!

Options
  • 05-05-2012 7:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hey guys, I'm looking for REAL onion rings in the city centre, where is best to find them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭maglite

What is a real onion ring?

Chipper, rings of a large onion battered and fried? Lennox's

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

I presume the OP means onion rings that aren't the factory made, mushed up onion, but rather the proper onion ring, done in batter - Dinos in Blackpool do them, but the best ones I know in Cork are actually my local chipper in North Cork!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Gourmet Burger Bistro has excellent onion rings.

It's on bridge street.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 abizmo

Yeah that's excatly what I meant, thanks for clearing up the confusion rebel girl :) I will check out the Burger bistro as its only down the road. Lennoxs don't make there own they buy them from a place in ballincollig! They're so greasy too.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭TBoneMan

You can make killer ones at home..just get 3 bowls
    1. seasoned flour
    2. beaten egg
    3. dry breadcrumbs (panko if you want to be fancy)

Slice your onion in to rings, not too thick & seperate. Heat some oil to 170c.
    Now simply go from bowl 1 to 2, then back to 1, 2 again and finally roll them in bowl 3. Carefully drop a few at a time into the oil and fry for 4 to 5 minutes until golden. Remove & drain on kitchen paper. ENJOY

Dredging twice in the flour and egg makes all the difference.

Try it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭MJOR

Golden Fry in ballinlough

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭stevexo

i think these onion rings are the business!
    greasy maize snacks lol!

991%5C5051008187991%5CIDShot_225x225.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 39 HappyKate

TBoneMan wrote: »
    You can make killer ones at home..just get 3 bowls
    1. seasoned flour
    2. beaten egg
    3. dry breadcrumbs (panko if you want to be fancy)

Nice recipe, will def try it ;)

Advertisement