Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netgear extender issue.

Options
  • 05-05-2012 7:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have a netgear wifi modem router for several years.

I recently purchased a WN3000RP extender from Netgear.

I cannot get this to work:

- The WPS does not work at all
    - the manual settings does not work (going to the admin interface) when connecting to my 802.11N channel: I see the wifi SSID in my list of networks but no Internet.

- the manual settings works for 1 mn only when connecting to my 802.11G channel: I see the wifi SSID in my list of networks but no Internet.

My modem router has Firmware V2.1.00.48 and does not block any MAC addresses.

Anyone has an idea?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Drexl Spivey

Problem solved:

Installed the latest firmware for the extender and for the router.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

You do realise wireless extenders halve the throughput of your existing wireless network. If it's just for browsing it'll probably be OK, but device to device transfers will be painfully slow. Wireless is half duplex, it only talks to a single device in one direction at a time. They also add lots of latency making it useless for gaming, VoIP or anything that needs low latency. I avoid using them for these reasons, it's always better to cable to a second wireless device.

Advertisement