Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring Water

Options
  • 05-05-2012 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi there,

I'm looking for advice about spring water in the south dublin area.

Does anyone know where I could get spring water instead of buying bottled water/using the not too tasty tap water?

I know in other parts of the country there are springs more easily accessible, wondering if there's anything near south county dublin like this, I'd be willing to travel a little for it if there was.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

Upon that note, has anyone ever used spa water to make beer? A mate of mine is after moving to Lisdoonvarna for the summer, and I'd be half tempted to head down to him and fill up with the local waters, to see what that does for the beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭TempPeck

Not quite what you asked but I just opened my latest batch which used bottled spring water from Aldi. The difference between this and the tap water I'd been using before is massive! And my tap water isn't all that bad to drink either so I was delighted with the results.

Getting thirsty now...

• Registered Users Posts: 4 chb

TempPeck wrote: »
    Not quite what you asked but I just opened my latest batch which used bottled spring water from Aldi. The difference between this and the tap water I'd been using before is massive! And my tap water isn't all that bad to drink either so I was delighted with the results.

Getting thirsty now...

That's great to hear. If I don't find anyone with access to local spring water I reckon bottled spring water is my next best bet.
    Fantastic to hear what's worked for others! Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭spoofilyj

I did my last two brews from my parents well water in Cork and the difference between the brews with Dublin County Council water and the well water is fairly big, Its fair enough i suppose as the DCC water is full of florine and other minerals to make sure it gets to peoples taps clean and not harmful for human consumption.

The well water in my parents hould is however filtered through sandstone and limestone for a couple of hundred feet.

Be careful though if the well water you decide to ues is particularly hard water then it could interfere with your brew, best to boil it first.

Happy Brewing :-)

I am on the same mission and the closest I can find is The Hill of Tara Sacred Spring which is for public access. For me travel journey is about 45mins from D6. Not bad if I work around quite traffic times.
    I'm disappointed how few natural springs exist in Ireland as a whole. I plan to check that it's temperature is 4 degrees and I will be very happy.
    Well water is a no no.....because of calcification. In fact that's what calcium supplements that we shouldn't be taking at all are made of....well water without the water! Not good.

Stay spring!

• Advertisement
Advertisement