Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost Dog in Ballyboden, Dublin 16

• 05-05-2012 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭

Please help a fellow dog walker find her dog who went missing on May 2nd, at 7.30pm in Cherryfield playing fields in Ballyboden, Firhouse Road, Dublin 16.

"Oscar" is a much loved pet and his family are totally devastated since he went missing. If anyone knows the area he was walking along the Weir in Cherryfield and disappeared in the bushes. His family have been combing the area day and night since he went.

He is a gorgeous 2 year old Male Cavalier/Collie who is neutered, mircrochipped and under medical supervision. He is mainly black and white with some brown, (one of his front legs is white while the other is brown). The family have been to several pounds and the DSPCA, to no avail. Any other ideas on what they can do would be really appreciated. Contact number for owner is <snip>

Will try and upload a picture of Oscar asap. Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

Sounds a little bit similar, but not exact, but if you look on A Dogs Life's FB page, there was a dog found in Naas, they're saying possible spaniel/collie cross.

Photo of him here:

https://www.facebook.com/#!/adogslife.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭reeta

Thanks, I have checked facebook and while they are extremely similar unfortunately is not the same dog. As I dont have a picture to put up yet, they look very alike but with Oscar having more "spaniel ears". Thanks so much for replying though, any advice/info. appreciated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Hi OP,

You can't post personal contact numbers, people can contact you by PM. However if there is a 'lost' notice on-line somewhere you can link to it.

Hi, sorry so eager to get info up and find dog didnt think about risk of putting up contact details....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

I'm in the area so I will keep an eye out. Have you any pics you could post?

Have you tried contacting local vets in the area? I know he's chipped but might be a long shot. Also maybe try contacting the place his chip is registered with, just in case someone has found him and decides that they want to keep him and register him to them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭janja

Im also in the surrounding area and will keep my eyes peeled ....... hope you find him soon!

Unfortunately they found Oscar's body last night, up at the Weir where he went missing. Family devastated but at least the search is over. Thanks for your helps guys, as yet I dont know exactly how he died.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

reeta wrote: »
    Unfortunately they found Oscar's body last night, up at the Weir where he went missing. Family devastated but at least the search is over. Thanks for your helps guys, as yet I dont know exactly how he died.

I'm so sorry to read this. Run free at the bridge Oscar, and my condolences to his family x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

Very sad news. So sorry to hear it. Run free little Oscar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭alie

So sorry to hear, poor doggy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭alie

So sorry to hear, poor doggy

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭janja

So sorry to hear that, sad news!

Advertisement