Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Letter of Application

• 05-05-2012 8:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 185 ✭✭

Some of the job vacancies I've been looking at recently have been asking for a CV, the standard application form, and also a letter of application.

I'm completely new to this, so just wondering what exactly would I have to include in the letter? Is it basically just elaborating on what's in the application form and CV, or is there anything specific I need to include?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

It's basically the cover letter, that's my understanding of it anyway.

So you'd be writing dear XXXX .... I am a applying for ... I think I would be ideal for this position because... etc. etc. in each paragraph.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 185 ✭✭Cailin CoisFarraige

Thanks dambarude. And for the standard application form in the section about the certificate in religion, what does it mean by "Modules Studied"? Is it literally every cert module I've taken since first year?
    Sorry about all the questions, I know you're only finishing up as well this month, it's times like this I wish I came from one of those "teaching families" you hear so much about. Someone might be able to tell me what I'm supposed to be doing! :p

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

I know exactly what you mean about the 'teaching families'. I'd probably have 50 days subbing under my belt, and a job lined up for next month if I was in one of them :rolleyes:.

AFAIK, yes, you fill in the Cert modules there. So 'Church and Sacrament', 'Christology' etc.

Don't forget the CV course on in Mary I Monday week!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 185 ✭✭Cailin CoisFarraige

Yeah I signed up for Monday just to see what it was like really. Might as well make the most of it! Don't really know why I decided to do all this stuff BEFORE the CV course. I reckon procrastinating on Psychology has an awful lot to do with it. . .

Advertisement