Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Estate agents

• 05-05-2012 9:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 656 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a good estate agent in the city? I know in celtic tiger times they were all selling houses, but in todays market has anyone had a good experience with good service and an actual effort to sell the house?

Appreciate any reply.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭mystique150

My experience is limited but I have been looking at renting/purchasing with a number of estate agents in the city. I have found that a number are appalling and I find it difficult to fathom how some can still be in business. The best experience I had was with Barry Murphy. I thought he was very straight, hard working, enthusiastic and punctual. I am not an expert in his sales record though.

http://www.barrymurphy.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭lassykk

We just bought a house through Michael Guiry on the quay and found him to be brilliant. He couldn't have been nicer to deal with.

Would highly recommend

Had bad experience with another estate agent (won't say here as don't want to be slanderous) who badgered us for ages after we decided not to go with their property.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

I'm in the process of buying a house at present and if I had to say who impressed me most out of those who are trying to sell to me I would say Barry Murphy, the two Palmer lads and a very professional and thorough lady called Maura from Fogarty's.

All very professional, punctual and knowledgeable. If I was selling, I would go with any of them in a heartbeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭caroline456

My experience is limited but I have been looking at renting/purchasing with a number of estate agents in the city. I have found that a number are appalling and I find it difficult to fathom how some can still be in business. The best experience I had was with Barry Murphy. I thought he was very straight, hard working, enthusiastic and punctual. I am not an expert in his sales record though.

http://www.barrymurphy.ie/

100% agree. The experience with some of them was so awful that when I see the house being advertised through them I'm loosing my interest in the house immediately.
    Would definitely recommend Barry Murphy, also Connor Purcell is fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭mrgardener

I was looking for a house a couple of years ago. What annoyed me was that every auctioneer told me that house prices had definitely bottomed out. When I asked them how they know this, they would just mumble something about how far house prices had dropped and won't drop any further.
    I understand its their job to sell houses, but I found their knowledge on property prices / finance availability etc very lacking.

• Advertisement
Advertisement