Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newcastle United FM12

Options
  • 05-05-2012 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Im gonna start a game with newcastle but i dunno hu to sign!!

They have had a great season in real life but in 2012 they wont be as good as they actually are. Any tips on who to sign???:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭tvercetti

They are a great team to work with, I had alot of success with them. Have you an idea of the system you will play with. First season success could depend alot on Ba, he is hard to get the best out of, he had a great first season for me but after injuries early in the second season, he struggled.

I was lucky enough to wander into Dinamos team and discover a few top youngsters from there (players who are well known around the forums). Here are the players I signed and would recommend.

Sturridge on loan is always a good choice regardless of the team you choose.
    I also picked up Bridge on loan as I was short at left back.
    Vrsaljko is a top young right back, always improves and cheap from Dinamo
    Badelj is another good youngish player from Dinamo, he is an attacking midfielder
    I then signed Rafael Toloi for center back, good defender, was immense on past years of FM.
    My final first season signing was Dos Santos from Spurs, he was suited to my system.

I signed Verthongen, a couple of seasons in from Ajax and he is a great center back.

Kara is a cheap DCM/DC who grows into a great player, he is one of the must buys in FM12 but my signings were players I discovered and I only came across Kara from reading on the web, long after I started my Toon game.

There are a few great Attacking midfielders at Shakhtar but might not have interest in joining you. Willian and Douglas Costa.

Sol Campbell is free is you need depth at DC. Materazzi,Pires Julio Cruz and Solari are free too.

Here is a screen of my team:
    181870.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 25 mrtayto1

tvercetti wrote: »
    They are a great team to work with, I had alot of success with them. Have you an idea of the system you will play with. First season success could depend alot on Ba, he is hard to get the best out of, he had a great first season for me but after injuries early in the second season, he struggled.

I was lucky enough to wander into Dinamos team and discover a few top youngsters from there (players who are well known around the forums). Here are the players I signed and would recommend.

Sturridge on loan is always a good choice regardless of the team you choose.
    I also picked up Bridge on loan as I was short at left back.
    Vrsaljko is a top young right back, always improves and cheap from Dinamo
    Badelj is another good youngish player from Dinamo, he is an attacking midfielder
    I then signed Rafael Toloi for center back, good defender, was immense on past years of FM.
    My final first season signing was Dos Santos from Spurs, he was suited to my system.

I signed Verthongen, a couple of seasons in from Ajax and he is a great center back.

Kara is a cheap DCM/DC who grows into a great player, he is one of the must buys in FM12 but my signings were players I discovered and I only came across Kara from reading on the web, long after I started my Toon game.

There are a few great Attacking midfielders at Shakhtar but might not have interest in joining you. Willian and Douglas Costa.

Sol Campbell is free is you need depth at DC. Materazzi,Pires Julio Cruz and Solari are free too.

Here is a screen of my team:
    181870.jpg

Thanks!! Always look at Ba with other clubs and he is slow with Newcastle. Sturridge looks good just wonderin if he will want to come. Never heard of Toloi but im gonna give him a go!! Not sure of my system but that one looks good. Just wondering how much did it cost all together and were the wages high??And where are you in the table(and any good cup runs)??

mrtayto1 wrote: »
    Thanks!! Always look at Ba with other clubs and he is slow with Newcastle. Sturridge looks good just wonderin if he will want to come. Never heard of Toloi but im gonna give him a go!! Not sure of my system but that one looks good. Just wondering how much did it cost all together and were the wages high??And where are you in the table(and any good cup runs)??

Toloi is good and cheap but Verthongen is immense if you can affored him and Kara grows into one of the games top players and can be picked up for very little. Theres also a couple more players at Dinamo, theres another young AMC who develops well but forget his name. Alot of my success is due to tactics/training/teamtalks etc that work for me that I have gradually been building for years, I find them more important than the players.

Heres what I said about my season a few months ago, just copied and pasted:
    After finishing a season at Newcastle, approximately £10 million budget, won the league cup and finished 2nd in the league, the final table doesn't reflect the season, Man U were always miles ahead and there was nothing it in from 2nd to 6th until the final few games.

The board told me at the end of the season, they were slightly disappointed in my league performance eventhough I finished 2nd having won my final 6 games of the season.

Although I will have champions league football next season, players still have no interest in signing and the board aren't very supportive financially, The likes of Willian/Alba/Saurez still won't even discuss a contract with me. Board gave me £10 million budget for the second season, doubt I could improve much on the previous season with that much.

I probably wouldn't recommend setting your targets to second but its realistic to push hard for top 4 and possibly win a cup.

2 players that I picked up cheap at the end of the first season are Gonzalo Castro, a winger from Mallorca (not the german one) and Christian Benítez a striker who was on loan at Birmingham once upon a time, they both excelled in my system because my front 3 need high dribbling and finishing and it suited them. They might be worth looking into, not sure what they will cost at the start of the game.

Also if you alter your funds correctly at the end of the first season, theres alot of players out of contract such as Gago from Madrid and Muntari from Inter who will be released but they will want high wages.

You should try spread out your payments alot too, I managed to make my 10 million for my second season go a long long way with future incentives/payments etc.

203750.jpg

An alternative option is spend all your money on Leandro Damião or Seydou Doumbia and watch them get over 50 goals a season :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25 mrtayto1

tvercetti wrote: »
    2 players that I picked up cheap at the end of the first season are Gonzalo Castro, a winger from Mallorca (not the german one) and Christian Benítez a striker who was on loan at Birmingham once upon a time, they both excelled in my system because my front 3 need high dribbling and finishing and it suited them. They might be worth looking into, not sure what they will cost at the start of the game.

Also if you alter your funds correctly at the end of the first season, theres alot of players out of contract such as Gago from Madrid and Muntari from Inter who will be released but they will want high wages.

You should try spread out your payments alot too, I managed to make my 10 million for my second season go a long long way with future incentives/payments etc.

203750.jpg

An alternative option is spend all your money on Leandro Damião or Seydou Doumbia and watch them get over 50 goals a season :D

It looks good but i will prob bring bridge and sturridge in on loan. Ive scouted badelj and his a beast and in one game united bought and he was top class but ill need to sell a few players i only have 2.5m!! And if i can get a few extra funds vrasilejko is going for 800k. Also Nene and Maxi are on the loan list are either of them worth it??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

mrtayto1 wrote: »
    Im gonna start a game with newcastle but i dunno hu to sign!!

They have had a great season in real life but in 2012 they wont be as good as they actually are. Any tips on who to sign???:D

What patch are you on? cos on patch 12.2 You wont get sturridge on loan!
    Try Danny Welbeck instead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Kara has huge potential and is extremely cheap. Can play DM too.

Advertisement