Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Converting VHS via Media Player

• 05-05-2012 10:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭

My parents have loads of VHS tapes from when we were young and I want to convert them to digital. I got EasyCap but its not great so I want something that will do a good job of it.

I have thought about sending them off for someone else to do it but due the amount of them it would cost a lot.

I seen this thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=77700108
    and the media player seems exactly what I want as I dont what to be messing around the PC to covert the videos. Also I want it simple so that my dad can do a lot of the work.

I want to get one that I can hook up to the my parents Sony Bravia so that I can use the record feature. I have a external hard drive but when I connect the HD to the tv it says "Recording cannot start as no registered HDD is connected. Please connect HDD to enable recording." I.e. I want to get one that is supported by the tv.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,121 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

To allow recording and so as to honour DRM, sets that let you record do so to an encrypted drive, which can only be used with that one TV.

I think the TV is telling you the HDD is not paired with the set so you will have to let it format and encrypt it before it can be used.

You will of course lose anything on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭not1but4

Humm didnt think about DRM, guess I need to get two unless I could partition the HDD.

Advertisement