Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone advice - Samsung Galaxy Y?

Options
  • 05-05-2012 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to get a new pone and was looking for advice. I'm 16. The one I have at the moment is a Nokia from a few years ago and is on its last legs.
    My price range is low. I'm not looking for an amazing phone, one that will do the job will do but it must be a bit stylish (I suppose most are now). €140 max, preferably less than €120. I'm o2 if that makes a difference.
    I was looking at the Samsung Galaxy Y for €99. I think I'm more inclined to go for touch screen as I hate qwerty keys (I know touch screens are qwerty). Don't want a blackberry either.
    Anyone have any experience with this phone? Or if you can suggest any others that would be great.
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

I'm looking to get a new pone and was looking for advice. I'm 16. The one I have at the moment is a Nokia from a few years ago and is on its last legs.
    My price range is low. I'm not looking for an amazing phone, one that will do the job will do but it must be a bit stylish (I suppose most are now). €140 max, preferably less than €120. I'm o2 if that makes a difference.
    I was looking at the Samsung Galaxy Y for €99. I think I'm more inclined to go for touch screen as I hate qwerty keys (I know touch screens are qwerty). Don't want a blackberry either.
    Anyone have any experience with this phone? Or if you can suggest any others that would be great.
    Thanks!

Xperia Mini`s are nice. Better in specs too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

The mini is better if they've released a fix for the overheating issue. Mines in for repair.

https://www.google.ie/search?rlz=1C1_____en-gbIE479IE479&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=Experia+Mini+Overheating

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

Thanks!

the samsung galaxy Y is a handy little phone for that price, and you can change the keyboard layout too, from qwerty to numpad layout if you like. might be better off though holding out for a few weeks if you can to get a phone with google androids latest operating system on it though- android 4.0, or "ice cream sandwich" it's called. plenty more features and options and looks an awful lot better imho... ;)

Advertisement