Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My first tank.

Options
  • 05-05-2012 11:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭

So grateful for everyone's help on this forum!

I'm loving my DCCs but I'm finding it a bit of a hassle to keep adding more drops into them to keep them moist. So now I'm thinking about getting a tank system. The problem is I keep hearing about problems with leakage and filling complications and whatnot.

Does anyone have any suggestions on a good tank system for my EGo C batteries?

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

http://momandpopvaporshop.com/tanks/

Get the Submarine tank, if your planning on using DCC's, NOT the mini sub, the mini sub is for the smaller Boge carto's.

I've been using mine since Tuesday and not one single leak, not as much as a drop.

I would recommend paying the little extra and getting one that's 100% assembled, it'll give ya an idea of how it's supposed to look when the carto is comes shipped with, dies and ya have to replace it.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭CJKeane

What about the different resistances?

Which DCC's are you using at the minute?

Which DCC's are you using at the minute?

Where did you buy them?

I'm currently using the Dual Coil LR XL Cartomizer (DUAJ37) from TheBestShop.

• Advertisement

They are 1.5ohm.

So the 1.5's from mom and pop will be okay!

The Smoktech 1.7 is all I'm seeing that low, I'm assuming that's the one?

Also, pre-punched just means it already has the hole on the side right? Gonna order some extras while I'm at it!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

yeah pre punched means it has the hole in it

you can buy unpunched cartos and punch them yourself, a carto punch can be got online easily and oughta cost something under a tenner

and yeah 1.5, 1.7.. near enough :)

Thanks a million you guys! You are all truly invaluable to the community!

I've never used the 1.7 smoktech so can't comment on them.

If you order one with the 2.0ohm Boge XXL...you should be okay, the XXL boges are the same size as the DCC's. But they only have 1 heating coil, so the vape will be cooler than if you were using a DCC.

Once that carto dies you can go back to using your DCC's.

And yes, pre punched just means they ship them with a hole already punched. To be honest it'll be cheaper to buy your own carto punch and do it yourself that buying pre punched ones.

• Advertisement

Should I use a thicker juice with the tank or will the regular blends suffice?

can use either although thicker juices will likely need more than one hole, or a bigger hole in the carto

Cheers!

At the rate I'm going I'll be mixing my own by next week!

it's easier than you'd think :) although it can take a while to find mixes you're happy with

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭newmark

+1 on the submarine tank and mini-sub tanks as they are less likely to slide off and leak. They do take a little bit of getting used to but well worth the effort.

You are better off to not use over 2ohm resistance with the ego battery and 1.5 to 1.7 ohm is ideal as it will perform better. The higher resistance cartos need a higher voltage to give a good vape.

Just keep in mind as well that you can only use stainless steel cartomisers in tanks, a lot of people think boge cartomisers are the best including myself :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

I think the 1.7ohm cartos are the Smoketech Resurrectors. They seem to be getting good reviews.

Advertisement