Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much is your Rent? (2012)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Juicyfruit

€1050 per month for 4 bed, 3 bathroom house in West Dublin - huge house with back and front gardens and a large side entrance and garage!

Split between 2 of us so 525 per month, looking at it now t'is quite a bargain!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

650 pm
    1 bed cottage/terrace in bluebell

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

140 per month two bedroom house. Kilkenny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

I'm still on the same rent as I was in 2009 & 2010- paying €650 for a 2 bed in Dublin 11, inside the m50 but just about. 5 miles from town and the bus does it in 30-35 minutes, or 20 minutes on the motorbike :D

I've got a bargain as my landlady emigrated to Canada and was more concerned about having a good tenant than getting the extra 100-150 per month she could have. I also do whatever DIY/ maintenance there is rather than putting her out.
    Comes with two parking spots also which is handy. As is living in an apartment that was owner occupied before I arrived- it means there is decent furniture rather than those black 'leather' sofas that are in 50% of Daft rental photographs (Bargaintown or Cost Plus Sofas I'm guessing, the Irish landlords favourite shops :rolleyes:)

I'd love to move southside though as I prefer it over there and most friends are in that direction. But don't because even going as far south as Stepaside / Rathfarnham I don't think I'd find a 2 bed for less than €900, don't mind the €650 I'm paying now....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

€1,100 for a 2 bed apartment in Clontarf. Parking and bins included.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭books4sale

The only point this whole thread makes is how a vast majority are being shafted on rent. :pac:

Anyone know what the percentage of rent is being propped by the government? That way we can understand the reality of rent and not these inflated costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

700/month
    3 bed house Shantalla area Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mikulas

900/per month for a 1 bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

€450/month 1 bed apartment in Navan, including bins and 2 parking spots :D FTW

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

850 2 bed townhouse d11 bins and 3 parking spaces included

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Dietsquirt

Who's the 1 person that pays €2500 a month?? Any chance of a lend!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭apple26

renting in athlone with o/h. total rent is €550 per month for a two bed apt (both ensuite). refuse and 2 parking spaces included.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭teggers5

€550pm for a 4 bed beside the beach

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 987 ✭✭✭Kosseegan

apple26 wrote: »
    renting in athlone with o/h. total rent is €550 per month for a two bed apt (both ensuite). refuse and 2 parking spaces included.

You can get a 4 bed house for €500 in Athlone.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Super hoop

€850 4 bed detached house stamullen

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭apple26

Kosseegan wrote: »
    You can get a 4 bed house for €500 in Athlone.

that may be so, but not in the area we currently live in and certainly not as new or in as good condition as our current place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭ash23

550 per month for a 3 bed semi in the centre of a large town in the west. About an hour from Galway city.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Janey_Mac

Rent for the whole household for a large 3 bedroom house in Dublin 1 €1600. My partner and I pay €400 each of that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭zef

450e for a 3 bed in a quiet estate in D15. Here 16 years.
    I am related to the Landlord, the rent would be 1k+ otherwise.
    I am very grateful & thankful :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,239 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

€1,000 per month for a 3 bed terrace in Clontarf.

Other 3 beds in the area seem to be quite a bit higher rent wise but we're renting as good as unfurnished and the house could do with some modernising (awful insulation, storage heaters etc.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Q_ueeny

€650 a month for a 4 bedroom Semi Detached in Co.Cork. 5 mins from the town and 30 min drive to work.

The cost of living in Dublin is crazy. How do people afford these rent prices!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 wes31

550 pm rural tuam area 4 bed

Advertisement