Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

premier hall thurles

Options
  • 06-05-2012 12:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭

Incredibly random question but I need someone to describe to me how the interior of the premier hall in thurles is laid. Primarily it's foyer/entrance.

Please?

Currently helping on a film production that hopes to shoot in thurles but one of their locations looks to be falling through and they want possible alternatives and the premier hall came up, sadly the only research photos we have of the location are all of it's exterior.

And sadly I am currently in the UK with the production so I cant simply run over and take photos myself :(

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 130 ✭✭iliketeaandcake

Google gave me this: http://entertainment.ie/venue_information/Premier-Hall/32285.htm

Probably be best to contact them first, you know, to ask about dimensions, lighting, electrical and PA systems, insurance etc

I was working on a set there about 8 years ago and there was no heating and the toilets were out. Might be a good idea to ask about that too!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Google gave me this: http://entertainment.ie/venue_information/Premier-Hall/32285.htm

Probably be best to contact them first, you know, to ask about dimensions, lighting, electrical and PA systems, insurance etc

I was working on a set there about 8 years ago and there was no heating and the toilets were out. Might be a good idea to ask about that too!

that would all come in time.

Right now though the production wants to know if the hall could fit as a location first and foremost. Mostly what sort of style is the interior (is it art deco with mostly tiles or is it furnished mostly in felt carpet, what colours are most prominant in its paintwork/wallpapering those sort of questions)

Simply put the production wanted a 1980's cinema and originally were trying to get access to the capitol cinema. But that looks to not be possible, they've secured other locations around thurles and dont want the cost of shifting the entire production from town to town so they are asking if there was anywhere else in town that could with some set dressing pass off as a cinema of sorts (specifically the foyer and entrance not the screen) and the premier hall came up, looking over it's exterior the production designer thinks with some art direction they can make it look like a small town cinema (like the phoenix in dingle:http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/25/An_Daingean_(Dingle),_Phoenix_Cinema_-_geograph.org.uk_-_256978.jpg ) but we have nothing on the interior.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭chris2008x

If I am passing it tomorrow I will see can I get a few pictures. I was last in that hall in 2006. Dated it is and obnoxiously red seating area.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 130 ✭✭iliketeaandcake

I will PM you a couple of pics that showed up on the first page of google image search :)

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭JPCN1

Hi, I wonder does anyone know if this venue is still operating?

I'm looking to buy in excess of 100 old cinema/theatre seats.

Many thanks!

• Advertisement

JPCN1 wrote: »
    Hi, I wonder does anyone know if this venue is still operating?

I'm looking to buy in excess of 100 old cinema/theatre seats.

Many thanks!

Yes still operates.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭varberg

The old cinema in Thurles had a classy interior and only closed a few years ago so should be in good shape. Was a beautiful cinema. Its opposite or near the old library and just up from friar st and the train station, dont know the name of the street.

The premier hall is long and wide, old style classical type hall at this stage but very well kept. a lot of seats parted by a pathway down the middle. Theres seats at either side i think and they are a step or two up from the main seating.Theres a balcony at the back which has a great view and it was here i was before. Lovely hall, think its wood or tiled floors not certain though. Id say you would surely be able to go in for a look if you found out who looked after it.

varberg wrote: »
    The old cinema in Thurles had a classy interior and only closed a few years ago so should be in good shape. Was a beautiful cinema. Its opposite or near the old library and just up from friar st and the train station, dont know the name of the street.

The premier hall is long and wide, old style classical type hall at this stage but very well kept. a lot of seats parted by a pathway down the middle. Theres seats at either side i think and they are a step or two up from the main seating.Theres a balcony at the back which has a great view and it was here i was before. Lovely hall, think its wood or tiled floors not certain though. Id say you would surely be able to go in for a look if you found out who looked after it.

Except for upstairs all the seats in premier hall are movable so they can be laid out in a variety of ways.

The Capitol (old cinema) seats are not the traditional theatre style seating.

Here are two pics from that shoot where you can see the seats both upstairs and downstairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭JPCN1

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    Here are two pics from that shoot where you can see the seats both upstairs and downstairs.

Many thanks! Cinema seats are very hard to find!

• Advertisement
Advertisement