Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ann Summers

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

He was very gay.

Because like any shop or product there is a set spiel to give to people who might buy it.

• Site Banned Posts: 116 ✭✭DERPY HOOFS

Ann Summers is over priced you get a better range of strap ons and dildos and anal beads langerie gimp suits etc online.
    Yes i also hate over eager sales staff shouting all over the shop about lube and rabbits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Because like any shop or product there is a set spiel to give to people who might buy it.

Yeah I know, wasn't particularly feeling like having attention drawn to what I looking at though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Ann Summers is over priced you get a better range of strap ons and dildos and anal beads langerie gimp suits etc online.
    Yes i also hate over eager sales staff shouting all over the shop about lube and rabbits.

But some people like the hard sale

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Yeah I know, wasn't particularly feeling like having attention drawn to what I looking at though.

Discreetness isn't really an Ann Summers strong point though, more a cartoonish celebration of so called sexuality.

"OMG WE ALL HAVE SEX, LETS BUY THIS BIG PLASTIC PENIS!!"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

I like Ann Summers shops.
    I have no problem saying that.

Sure they are expensive at times - as are a lot of shops. They are also reasonable too for items it has to be said.
    They are however good presented shops with good lines in quality clothing for women and their items a lot of the time are made from the best materials.
    Not just stuff that looks and feels like its made in a sweatshop in China and is 100% irritating acrylic.
    Whatever the begrudgers and moaners of this world say about shops, the one thing they cannot say about Summer shops is they they are tacky and/or poorly done.
    They have helped take the topic of sex, a natural function for billions into the open further from behind its once seen seedy side that only existed behind closed doors and covered up windows, like a pervert hiding behind his long mac coat.

If folk don't like the way Summers do business, they meed to move on, get over it and get a life.
    Sure every business has its dislikes but jeasus, some people like the OP really do have a daft, pointless chip on their shoulder over such what really is a small thing in life - but its all part of life!
    So move on and stress less about such daft misplaced misgivings.

They have oft helped make sex more fun, not just a chore for the female, sometimes.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

I worked in Ann Summers for a while. It gave me some of the best work anecdotes to tell at dinner parties.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

I worked in Ann Summers for a while. It gave me some of the best work anecdotes to tell at dinner parties.

Nice. :pac:

...Pissst! Do tell! :D

Seeing what looks like a mother and daughter together looking at dildos and lubes creates an odd feeling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

there is a woman on beeb now i assume the owner, what a junk of a place tbh.

do wimmins really need bras, dildos, see thru panties, and glow in the dark c0cks etc to feel good about themselves?

well apparently so as by all means they have a high turnover.

I see all this as utter garbage and would not be in the slightest bit interested in people frequenting this crap place.

I got a horrible streak of depressed feeling reading this.. It was like I saw myself from the 3rd person sitting here in a room reading this absolute waste of space of an opinion.

• Advertisement
Advertisement