Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

South Dublin vet open on Bank Holiday??

• 06-05-2012 9:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi all, Am new to the area and to boards. Woke up this morn and my new little pup is sick. Anyone know of a vet open in South Dublin on a Sunday/Bank holiday weekend?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

Most vets will have an out of hours on call service - give them a call and they can advise you on what to do. They may not be open but most vets won't let a sick puppy go without care. If your own vet doesn't have this service, ring around and there will be a vet who will help you. A sick puppy can be a serious situation please contact someone asap.

If you really cannot find a vet, UCD have an out of hours emergency service -they are expensive but, as I said, a sick puppy needs to be seen to by a vet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 fayem

Hi,
    I recently changed vets to Ark Vetcare in Dun Loaghaire because there open 7 days a week and open on bank holidays! brought my springer up to UCD and it was soooo expensive!!! Hope the puppy is ok!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Twinkypinky

Hi again,

Thanks for your posts. I rang around frantically this morning and found Ark Vet Care was open in Dun Laoghaire. Thankfully all is ok. My 16 week old pup had managed to swallow one of its plastic toys and thanks to the timely intervention of a vet called Paul surgery was performed today and I'm glad to report Noodles is making a full recovery.

I've lived both in London and Sydney for many years and have always been a dog owner. I must say Ark Vet compares very favourably to clinics I've used in both London and Sydney. They only close Christmas day and are always open Sundays and bank holidays which was lucky for myself and Noodles today. In a previous life I was a human theatre nurse so tend to ask vets plenty of awkward questions when ever any of my pooches are in trouble. Paul was happy to spend time answering my questions and even allowed me watch as he performed the ultrasound that found the toy in Noodles stomach.

I would definitely recommend them and it's nice to know that there are vets in Ireland every bit as good as those I've experienced overseas.

Thanks again.

Advertisement