Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

limo bull by ionesco

• 06-05-2012 10:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭

I bought a limo bull by ionesco. Hes not overly big but has great shape and bone. I have been googling info on him but could do with some first hand info. has anyone used him and how did they find him. say for calving ease, weanling sales, etc.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭tanko

I used him 4 years ago on ten cows. He was very easy calving and his calves were very good for docility. He bred better heifers than bulls which were a bit narrow.He is only average for milk. He wouldn't be a size improving bull.

I have 3 of his heifers calved last month, am quite happy with them. They have good shape and muscle and tidy udders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 858 ✭✭✭tismesoitis

1chippy wrote: »
    I bought a limo bull by ionesco. Hes not overly big but has great shape and bone. I have been googling info on him but could do with some first hand info. has anyone used him and how did they find him. say for calving ease, weanling sales, etc.

Very fond of Ionesco think he bred as good commercial cattle for us as any limo bull we ever used. We also used his son SIX who did really well too.Have kept all heifers out of both bulls for replacements. Don,t agree with above saying bulls can be narrow we were delighted with ours!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭1chippy

cheers for the replies. hope your wrong about the bulls being narrow. Have a lot of the replacements sorted for a good while now. we are expanding a bit and actually have more replacements than actual cows at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 609 ✭✭✭flatout11

1chippy wrote: »
    have used ION a fair bit on heifers 4 to 5 years ago, no probs calving had some decent shapely calves off him, id agree with tanko that the heifers tended to be better than the bulls.
    in terms of replacements they turned into nice looking cows and bred well,
    however....... they aint milky, two of them we have culled as they wouldnt feed a cat let alone a calf - so it depends on what your after

Advertisement