Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

no signal on cordless phone

• 06-05-2012 11:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭

I have a main phone in the hall and then a siemems cordless one in another room. until recently they both worked fine.

A few days ago on the cordless phone, the base station would ring, but phone does not. the caller number does not display on the phone and i cannot pick up or make calls on it.

I thought it was banjaxed and bought a new cordless phone, which will not work either.

when i put the cordless into the main point in the hall it wroks and when i put the main phone into the second point, it will work...
    why will the cordless not work in the second point now?? any ideas?#

could it be that something is blocking the signal going from the base to the cordless phone??? or is this a silly thought?

perplexed!!!

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Have you tried it the other way around? Sounds like one phone isn't getting the signal and therefore is a wiring problem. Do you have an alarm system connected or Sky?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭swillybabe

i took the cable out of the old phone and put it in the new phone and hey presto!!! the connector on the new phone wasn;t clicking properly into the second eircom socket...
    after 3 days of pain, turmoil and sweat...i got the prob solved!!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

swillybabe wrote: »
    i took the cable out of the old phone and put it in the new phone and hey presto!!! the connector on the new phone wasn;t clicking properly into the second eircom socket...
    after 3 days of pain, turmoil and sweat...i got the prob solved!!

Glad to hear you got it sorted. I know the feeling :)

Advertisement