Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish men or foreign men

• 06-05-2012 11:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭

Which are better personality and looks wise, Irish men or foreign men Or it doesn't matter because men are men?

From what I have seen, a lot if not most Irish men are attracted to rough, tough nut women who can do everything like climbing mount everest one day and having babies the next day like it's nothing while working 48 hours a week and holding everything together and has the strenght of horse and still look okay. It seems that Irish men basically want a woman in a man's body. Also seem to be very interested in women who come from GAA families or are very interested in GAA and they are attracted to women who are in a stable, steady professions like primary teaching or nursing etc. or women who are wealthy and have some social status.

What is wrong with the cool, down to earth, girl next door type? I know not all Irish men have the same interest in women but many of them do have the same type.

What is your experiences of Irish men? I know there are many that are very nice. A good few of my friends who are lovely, intelligent women were single for a long time and some are still and I don't understand why. One of them is going out with a foreign guy, he is not high maintance like many Irish men are, well from my experiences. Does it matter if what nationality men are anyways because men are men? or is there a difference

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭IrishAm

This will end well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

So it's a fact that all Irish men and women are the same, as are all 'foreign' men and women regardless of nationality, culture etc?

Good to know ..............:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭decembersun77

IrishAm wrote: »
    This will end well.

Well they had a poll thread a few days ago about Irish women and foreign women.
    It is okay for men to make threads on the same topic but it's not for women?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

A woman with a mans body
    I believe this is not something as many as you estimate want

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

It is okay for men to make threads on the same topic but it's not for women?

And that is why we are all here!

• Advertisement

Tigger wrote: »
    I believe this is not something as many as you estimate want

Yeah, and if they did they can more or less get it in Thailand;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

That has to be one of the dumbest ****ing OP's I've read.

''Come from GAA families'' WTF!??! :confused:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,582 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

OP, the Lonely Hearts page in the Farmer's Journal is not a true representation of the Irish male.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

I have no experience of the Irish men you are talking about, OP.
    I have only met men who appreciate a woman being feminine, even if she does like sport.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Well I suppose it makes a minor change from the hundreds of Irish women v foreign women, but it's still a cack-handed thread topic.

1/10, more effort required.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

You need to dump your zero and get yourself a hero, sista

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

I married an Irish man, so i vote Irish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭the keen edge

Why people come to the After Hours forum to find clarity regarding(what they see as) confusing social issues, is something I'll never understand.

That has to be one of the dumbest ****ing OP's I've read.

''Come from GAA families'' WTF!??! :confused:

Do you not see how GAA players are worshipped? Well especially in rural Ireland. it's true from what I have seen maybe not from what you have seen.

Do not have a go at me. Just because I am a woman having a thread on this topic. There was thread here a few days ago actually a poll! on 'which is better' Irish women or foreign women.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

It seems that Irish men basically want a woman in a man's body

Ha ha, im sure you have that the wrong way around. Or else you are very wrong.

In any case youre whole post is absurd, GAA family women? Tough nuts, Wtf?
    Off the wall

There was thread here a few days ago actually a poll! on 'which is better' Irish women or foreign women.
    ...and did you think that was a successful thread? A thread worthy of reproducing? Seriously

nm wrote: »

Off the wall

Damn all those camogie playing, wholesome nurses and primary teachers hogging all the good men:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

This thread smells funny.

...smells like troll turd.

You need to dump your zero and get yourself a hero, sista

Typically invalid response from a man

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Motorist

The GAA thing, mostly in rural areas, is like having wealth. If you're 3/10 on the looks scale, it will add a good 3 points to your status meaning you can bag a member of the opposite sex who is a six or a seven. If she has low self-esteem you might even bag at an 8/10.

Case in point - http://www.independent.ie/multimedia/archive/00204/gooch_204540t.jpg

Zulu wrote: »
    ...and did you think that was a successful thread? A thread worthy of reproducing? Seriously

Well so what is wrong with a woman having a thread on the same topic. Does it threaten you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Well so what is wrong with a woman having a thread on the same topic. Does it threaten you?

No, but when the original topic was recognised as being stupid, well, this one's unlikely to fare much better.

• Site Banned Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Lionel Messy

I wouldn't know but give me a foreign bird instead of Mary up the road with the big hairy arse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Stickman2

The best part of foreign men who are dating Irish women are doing so not out of love or anything of the sort,it's for a place to sleep,a bit of money when they need it and if all goes well a passport !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

OP are you typing this from the kitchen or the bedroom?

Well so what is wrong with a woman having a thread on the same topic.
    Pretty much the same thing that's wrong with a man having it - it's retarded.
    Does it threaten you?
    Not at all. I couldn't give a tupenny fuck - this thread is going to be a car crash, like the others.

nm wrote: »

Off the wall

Well that is what me and many of my friends can see. Some of them emigrated and met their boyfriends abroad, 2 of them are married now..if they had got a job and stayed on here, they would still be single. There is nothing wrong with them, they are funny, cool and intelligent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭BunShopVoyeur

I smell crazy feminist bog dweller.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

Anne Drogyny from Ringaskiddy ftw.

Zulu wrote: »
    Pretty much the same thing that's wrong with a man having it - it's retarded.
    Not at all. I couldn't give a tupenny fuck - this thread is going to be a car crash, like the others.

Well that's your opinion. But the fact is most of the people I know who left Ireland single met them partners abroad including my brother who is now married. Most of these people are intelligent and good looking people but there is no hope of them meeting anyone here even if your a guy it can be hard to meet someone here. Your telling me my post is retarded because I am just telling it like it is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

Any hole's a goal. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭BornToKill

From what I have seen, a lot if not most Irish men are attracted to rough, tough nut women who can do everything like climbing mount everest one day and having babies the next day like it's nothing while working 48 hours a week and holding everything together and has the strenght of horse and still look okay. It seems that Irish men basically want a woman in a man's body. Also seem to be very interested in women who come from GAA families or are very interested in GAA and they are attracted to women who are in a stable, steady professions like primary teaching or nursing etc. or women who are wealthy and have some social status.

Awww, did someone fail to score in Coppers last night?

You're certainly calling it like you see it. The real question is how clouded the lens you're looking through is.

Well that's your opinion. But the fact is most of the people I know who left Ireland single met them partners abroad including my brother who is now married. Most of these people are intelligent and good looking people but there is no hope of them meeting anyone here even if your a guy it can be hard to meet someone here. Your telling me my post is retarded because I am just telling it like it is?

You are telling it like you believe it to be.
    The replies here are telling you otherwise.

• Advertisement

I smell crazy feminist bog dweller.

Well you cannot validate my post just because of the fact I am a woman having a post about men so you feel threaten. If I was a man on the topic of women, his post would be validated.

Well you cannot validate my post just because of the fact I am a woman having a post about men so you feel threaten. I was a man on the topic of women, his post would be validated.

No, it wouldn't.

The reason some of the people you know may have met their partners abroad is because when people emigrate, they have to leave their comfort zone of the local parish/local pub/GAA club/social circle and meet new people in new places.

Its as simple as that.

Even with the huge numbers of female nurses and primary teachers? So you're poor, unift and have no social status? I think that would be a barrier in most countries - for both men and women.

ElleEm wrote: »
    You are telling it like you believe it to be.
    The replies here are telling you otherwise.

Well it is a fact that most people I know who left Ireland single meet their partners abroad. What is that saying?

• Advertisement

Well that's your opinion. But the fact is most of the people I know who left Ireland single met them partners abroad
    Didn't you get the memo? I thought you read the other thread? We're all uncultured unromantic bog hoppers here & the women are cold, caustic thick ankled fat chops. Sure no one scores in Ireland. You should consider leaving like the rest - everyone outside Ireland are easy rides.
    Your telling me my post is retarded because I am just telling it like it is?
    Well you go ahead dear, and tell us how it is. Clearly we need ed-uma-cation-ning.

Hang on I need to clear the turf from my ears...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Siuin

It's really tough to say. I've only dated foreign men since my late teens and there are a number of things which I have noticed have been lacking in them as opposed to an Irish guy;
    - an understanding of the Irish sense of humour (particularly in terms of poking fun at them or good humoured slagging-- this does *not* go down well with many foreign guys!!)
    - social etiquitte regarding what is acceptable in certain situations (I cannot stress this enough... especially if the guy is from a culture which is blunt and direct, it's a major issue. I've had my mom tell me that she literally hates guys I've brought home, because their mannerisms make them come across as rude and simply ignorant, when the fact is Irish culture is just very polite and non-confrontational)
    - language barriers (self explanatory -- this is especially true for Irish people, as you'd be very surprised how many strange ways of saying things we've concocting which are unique to us)

I'll probably end up with a 'foreign' guy because of where I plan to live in the future, but he'll probably need to have a good understanding of European mannerisms. Irish guys are great, but I tend to hang around with the 'nerdy' guys who, while not particularly attractive, are just great craic. Maybe it's because I instantly put Irish guys into the 'friend' zone because I know that come graduation I won't be able to bring them with me that I end up not contemplating a relationship. But it's really no reflection on them- I think that your average Irish guy is a really great catch.

What is that saying?
    They were all well known paedophiles who were outcast from their society?

Well it is a fact that most people I know who left Ireland single meet their partners abroad. What is that saying?

That is saying that they found someone they liked enough to engage in a relationship in abroad.

I don't understand your queries. Are you trying to find an Irish mate but can't as you're not a GAA woman or what?

Even with the huge numbers of female nurses and primary teachers? So you're poor, unift and have no social status? I think that would be a barrier in most countries - for both men and women.

I am just pointing out that it's not about looks and personality much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

What is wrong with the cool, down to earth, girl next door type? I know not all Irish men have the same interest in women but many of them do have the same type.

This, plus anal, are the minimum requirements.

Siuin wrote: »

I'll probably end up with a 'foreign' guy because of where I plan to live in the future,
    Siuin wrote: »
    I won't be able to bring them with me that I end up not contemplating a relationship.

Why cant you bring them with you?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Flincher

Damn right OP.

My missus is a great at the milking. She's a bit red in the legs, but a fine wedge of a woman. She's a man by day, and a woman by night.

I am being attacked and personally insulted for the post. Rather than reading and answering the questions I have posed

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I long for a time when men were men and women were also men.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
Advertisement