Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish men or foreign men

124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭decembersun77

some foreigners(not all) tend to have more manners and are less insulting or ''jokey'' as irish guys can be..but maybe thats just what i have seen so far..

I know what you mean, that is what I see a good few times from my experiences but I like men with a good sense of humour that you don't need an acquired type of humour to laugh or find them funny. From the people I have met northern Irish guys seem to have a great sense of humour, they are witty and easy going. I didn't alot of other Irish men like that, they seem to be very serious and alot more suspicious of you if they don't know you. Anyways I am just talking from my experiences so don't everyone attack me on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Evie90

Honestly I really don't think it matters, my boyfriend is Polish he's good looking, intelligent,kind, funny, speaks 6 languages and into all the same stuff as me. I'm with him because we have things in common and lots that we don't which keeps it interesting and because he's a nice, well rounded guy, it has nothing to do with his nationality there's loads of Irish guys that have all the good qualities that I just mentioned but the man I met just happened to be Polish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭annascott

Mass generalisation, but usually, Foreign guys for looks and Irish guys for personality...

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

annascott wrote: »
    Mass generalisation, but usually, Foreign guys for looks and Irish guys for personality...
    Ah that's grand, not getting anywhere with my looks anyway.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭decembersun77

annascott wrote: »

Think if your not really a typical Irish women then it's more difficult to find an Irish man.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Deus Ex Machina

From what I have seen, a lot if not most Irish men are attracted to rough, tough nut women who can do everything like climbing mount everest one day and having babies the next day like it's nothing while working 48 hours a week and holding everything together and has the strenght of horse and still look okay. It seems that Irish men basically want a woman in a man's body. Also seem to be very interested in women who come from GAA families or are very interested in GAA and they are attracted to women who are in a stable, steady professions like primary teaching or nursing etc. or women who are wealthy and have some social status.

It's ironic that in describing your vision of what Irish men like, you've painted a picture of the grossest woman imaginable. Even on their own a lot of those traits would be deal breakers but the lot combined represents a whole new level of fuçk off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

Think if your not really a typical Irish women then it's more difficult to find an Irish man.

You are the one deciding here what a "typical Irish woman" is though.
    I would call myself a typical Irish woman, in that I am a woman from Ireland.

I don't conform to any of the things you have mentioned as being "typical" though.
    I couldn't tell you a GAA player from the milkman. I don't know anything about sport. I don't climb mountains and I am certainly not a man in a woman's body!

I found myself a great Irish man! He has a great sense of humour and is in no way "suspicious" of me.

OP, I really think you need to meet more people/ men. Try to free yourself of all these misconceptions cos they are most likely preventing you from meeting ANY guy.

I seem to get along better with Irish guys than foreign guys, so tend to like Irish guys more. That said, I know far more Irish guys than foreign guys so it might just be that I haven't been exposed to the right types of foreign guys. They're lovely guys, but I just find often my sense of humour gets lost in translation.

As for all this stuff about GAA being thrown about, I'd say GAA comes up in conversations I'm in about once every couple months; it's really not something that's on my (or most of the people I know) radar.

OP, spend some time in non-rural Ireland and I think you'll start forming a different view of what "all" Irish men are like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 974 ✭✭✭BarackPyjama

I'm young and insecure and, as a result, I have an irrational hatred of men.

FYP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

Lol this thread is hilarious:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,503 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Well they had a poll thread a few days ago about Irish women and foreign women.
    It is okay for men to make threads on the same topic but it's not for women?

I think a man just jumped off a bridge somewhere. Maybe you should, you know...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭dj jarvis

this thread is truly hilarious :D

OP - it not irish men - its just men you know , a little sheltered maybe ??
    look , the only way i can put this ........is this

where someone comes from NORMALLY wont have a huge affect if you hit it off or not,
    because assholes come from every country on our planet , Ireland included
    so IMO it does not matter if hes from sligo or bejing - once he is sound he is sound
    goes for the ladies also - im married to a auslander becasue shes a super sound lady, not becasue shes not irish

also your GAA comment is comedy gold - you should do stand up

Advertisement