Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTX 560Ti prices + reveiw request

Options
  • 06-05-2012 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi, im looking to get an nvidia GTX 560 ti with 448 cores but i would like to know if €230+ is too much for what its worth. asus model on dabs.ie is €245.55 and on jaguarcompsys.ie its €229 will i be throwing money away when a cheaper card will do? and are there any problems with it (such as the 8800GT overheating that i suffer with now) im looking to get it for playing MW3, BF3, WoW and prototype 2 whenever they decide to release that on PC thanks for any replys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,206 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

The price is pretty universal on a GPU. Paying more at one retailer over another is a difference between what kind of service you'll get from them, like a good return policy.

plenty powerful. So was your 8800GT, at the time. years and years later, it still runs, right? Same thing here, the 560 will run pretty much everything, and will still do so for a few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭luyolo

I'd recommend you get the 7850 instead. It has much better OC, is around the same price, has higher Vram which will help on BF3,

• Registered Users Posts: 12 clickypiggy

well i dont know much about GPUs atm but wouldent i need a higher memory interface as im running games at 1920 x 1080, i mainly want a card that will last a few years and not overheat like all my last ones when playing games on full graphics (im so sick of running MW3 in safe mode) so what should i be looking for in a card, more vram, more cores, higher clock speeds?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

What sort of PC case do you have, and how many intakes and outtakes does it have? Have found in the past that a poorly ventilated case equals a overheating card.

just a normal case realy, 1 back vent 2 side vents with no intake or outtake fans, i need to have my GPU fan on 100% speed otherwise it overheats to 85c within 10 mins (even on WoW i had to turn all graphics down or it would OH whilst idle in org)

• Advertisement

just a normal case realy, 1 back vent 2 side vents with no intake or outtake fans, i need to have my GPU fan on 100% speed otherwise it overheats to 85c within 10 mins (even on WoW i had to turn all graphics down or it would OH whilst idle in org)
    Get some extract fans (for example, from QuitePC.com), as it sounds like your case heats up, and then your card gets hot. Having extract fans would help get the heat out of your case, and maybe have one an intake vent, so some cool air gets to your CPU?

worth a try, thanks for the advise

worth a try, thanks for the advise
    If you feel like it, post a thread at http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=842 with photos of your case with the side panel off, and a shot of the side panel which has the vents, and people there may be able to advise what best to do, as I'm thinking if you get a new card, it'll still overheat if the case isn't ventilated properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭RoverZT

Think it's a waste of money myself.

GTX 560ti will be weak compared to the cards coming late next year and 230 euro + shipping is alot.

Great card but it's expensive for the performance increase.

You never stated your cpu, ram, mobo either.

Could be that they are too old to take advantage of that card.

I would

Sell 8800gt sell for 30 euro on adverts and get this HD4870 for 50 euro.

Cost of change 20 euro and a nice boost in performance.

http://www.adverts.ie/graphics-cards/asus-radeon-hd-4870-perfect-condition/1619500

Comparison between your 8800gt vs HD4870 here.

http://www.hwcompare.com/2505/geforce-8800-gt-1gb-vs-radeon-hd-4870-1gb/
    2yyqqrk.jpg

65% faster over a multiple of different games.

65% for 20 euro cost of change.

Cost of change on the 560 ti is 200 euro.

560 ti is not 650% faster than HD4870, nowhere near it, it's not even 100%, never mind 650% faster.

Waste of money imo, much better options out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

85c wouldnt be overheating? 100degs would be but if you had an intake/exhaust I would say that would easily go down to high 50's/mid 60's.

I would also get the 7850 over the gtx560ti 448.
    I've owned the gtx and its a nice card but the 7850 is a better buy.

• Advertisement
Advertisement