Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HDMI Cable

• 06-05-2012 12:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

When I plug it in, it works ok for a while, then this starts to happen
    screen.JPG
    Sometimes it stops happening for about 10 minutes, then comes back. I have tried 2 different cables with the same results, so it must be a setting on the laptop or tele. Anyone have any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭andy1249

How long is the cable and where did you get it ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭MakeEmLaugh

Not to divert attention from the OP, but I am having a minor problem. I bought a Bush HDMI Cable (High Speed with Ethernet) from Argos, for about €19.20 or so. It works fine most of the time, but I've noticed when I'm watching movie files with a lot of movement in them (e.g. explosions) there are streaks on my LCD TV screen, and the transition isn't smooth. Is there anyway of changing the settings to avoid this? It's quite distracting. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭andy1249

Not to divert attention from the OP, but I am having a minor problem. I bought a Bush HDMI Cable (High Speed with Ethernet) from Argos, for about €19.20 or so. It works fine most of the time, but I've noticed when I'm watching movie files with a lot of movement in them (e.g. explosions) there are streaks on my LCD TV screen, and the transition isn't smooth. Is there anyway of changing the settings to avoid this? It's quite distracting. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Its called hi-jacking mate , and on any forum is considered very bad form! Start your own thread !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

is there an option on your laptop of tv for colour space conversion. If so set this to RGB if it is set to something like "YCbCr"

What is the laptop and tv make/model

Do you have another HDMI device you can plug into the TV to test with?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,487 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

OP, are you running the laptop screen and the external signal simultaneoulsly or do you disble the laptop screen when watching the TV?

I always switch to 'Projector only' when I attach the laptop to the TV, this might be 'TV only' or 'External only' on your laptop.

I don't think the problem is at the TV, there are no 'settings' that I'm aware of on a TV for a HDMI connection, you have to sort it out at the source.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Is the TV a Philips by any chance ?

Ken

Advertisement