Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom broadband max speed question

• 06-05-2012 1:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Wondering if anyone can help me - My address is in the Station road/killiney hill road area of killiney.

At present I'm only getting speeds of around 4 mbps with Eircom. This is a shared connection with 5 people, so it's quite frustrating.

Would anyone know what max speeds I should be able to get in my area? Unfortunately it doesn't appear that UPC is available in my area - unless I'm wrong... and I hope I am.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated,

cheers,
    V

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

You need to check your own line stats, that's the only thing that matters. Log into the router to check Line Attenuation and SNR Margin.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭vard

jor el wrote: »
    You need to check your own line stats, that's the only thing that matters. Log into the router to check Line Attenuation and SNR Margin.

Thanks for the response. Don't have access to the information at the moment, but will update during the week.

Cheers,
    v

Advertisement