Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIY Brides - RTE 1

Options
  • 06-05-2012 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭

Peter Kelly AKA "Franc" returns to our screens this evening with his new series - "DIY Brides". During the series he will help six brides and their fiancés prepare for their weddings.
    Franc has come up with a host of ingenious ideas to help brides on a budget feel that they aren't budget brides. He shares his tips and flair with the couples to help them create their own cost effective wedding.

As Franc says: "It's going to be a challenge for them and it's going to be a challenge for me! But you don't have to feel like a budget bride just because you are a bride on a budget."

And in this series, Franc really is their mentor - not the Wedding Planner. Instead, in Franc's DIY Brides, he teaches six couples many "tricks of the trade", so that they can produce their own unique wedding by doing the work themselves. By rolling up their sleeves and taking Franc's creative tips on board, the couples will not only get their own unique wedding but will also be able to make a limited budget go further.

For couples who have been putting off their wedding because of financial constraints or for those who haven't a clue how to create that 'wow' factor for their wedding, Franc dips into his box of wedding tricks to show them how, by using their imagination and creativity, and by enlisting the help of family, friends and neighbours, they will be able to make the most of their money to create their own couture wedding.

From sample wedding dresses to homemade cakes; and from smelted heirloom rings to décor that will blow you away, Franc has the ideas and 'know how' that every bride wants and needs, to turn a wedding on a limited budget into an exclusive, stylised 'dream come true' event.

Episode One: Vintage Themed Wedding

Teachers, Emma Daniel and Michael Foley from Enfield, Co Meath want help in creating a vintage themed wedding but with a guest list of 200 and a budget of €15,000, they will have to roll up the sleeves and get down to some serious DIY.

Emma is a keen DIY enthusiast and really does want to do it all herself. She is also unable to resist a bargain and has accumulated a shed full of decor which might or might not work for her dream wedding. It's time for Franc to rein her in.

http://www.rte.ie/tv/programmes/francsdiybrides.html

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

I'm looking forward to this!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Good Evening Amdublin, This show is a nice replacement for "Don't Tell the Bride".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I'm already embarrassed for him..

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Good Evening Amdublin, This show is a nice replacement for "Don't Tell the Bride".

It sure is!
    I'm already embarrassed for him..

I sure am!

I think they are a nice couple :) I love this vintage theme.

• Advertisement

All that tat! :o

Oh god love her!

Those dresses are awful :eek:

Ah stoppit! Dancing in the corridor?!

I love those lanterns :)

• Advertisement

I didnt think she was attractive at first... But she is kinda purty...

I played that hotel a while back.. Can remember where it is, somewhere near Meath..

Some good ideas from Franc

Camp Franc....?? tell me about it..

I didnt think she was attractive at first... But she is kinda purty...

I played that hotel a while back.. Can remember where it is, somewhere near Meath..
    Purty??? I never heard that expression before and I'm afraid to google it :o:D

Purty??? I never heard that expression before and I'm afraid to google it :o:D

Steeaaaddddy! :D

Think he just means pretty :)

Child labour! That's the stuff :)

Cant believe she got the students working during a free period.. I'm sure the kid's parents were delighted ..

Cant believe she got the students working during a free period.. I'm sure the kid's parents were delighted ..
    Ah, kids will do anything to get their face on telly ;)

Okay this is really negative.

BUT!
    Why is she bothering???? No one reeeeeeally cares about all those details like wallpaper on the candles.

A wedding is a wedding and everyone will have forgotten about it the day after.

Sweet shops or "candy bars" are very popular these days...

• Advertisement

amdublin wrote: »
    Okay this is really negative.

BUT!
    Why is she bothering???? No one reeeeeeally cares about all those details like wallpaper on the candles.

A wedding is a wedding and everyone will have forgotten about it the day after.
    Ah I do :o I love to take in every detail at a wedding.

* Hangs head in shame.

Ah I do :o I love to take in every detail at a wedding.

* Hangs head in shame.

Ah no. Means all her work is not in vain.

He's excited.. I'd say he's looking forward to losing his virginity...

I like her mantilla!

I actually like the bridemaids' dresses now, there is a touch of Waterford Wedgwood about them, very upmarket :)

He's excited.. I'd say he's looking forward to losing his virginity...
    You're in flying form tonight JA ;):D

Low on detail, high in fluff. But overall an enjoyable program.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭WaltKowalski

I actually like the bridemaids' dresses now, there is a touch of Waterford Wedgewood look about them, very upmarket :)

I liked the neckline a lot - €250 from China though - rip off!

I am the sort that pays attention to the details at weddings and other parties.
    I like a lot of what they did, but there was just a bit too much of everything.

Every happiness to them though - they seem to make a good team.

Good tip from Franc about the seating plan/names etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

Only saw the second half of this. Really liked the results of their hard work.

BTW, the bride seemed a little bit dozy in relation to the black tyre on the candy cart. Could she not see that a bit of ribbon around the wheel would have covered the black tyre?

Advertisement