Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Job Seekers Allowance Questions

• 06-05-2012 1:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi Guys, I'm due to go on JSA in a few months and I'm bit worried to be honest. Can anyone clear up some questions for me? Would be much appreciated. I'm 33 years old, live with my Mother after losing my job. I've checked out the social welfare and citizens advice website, but I'm just getting confused after talking to some of my friends also on JSA. Am I right in thinking that my mothers income won't be talking into account when I'm being means tested as I'm over 24? Also I'm a bit confused over how the payment will be made. Some people are suggesting that my JSA and my Mothers Widows Pension payment will be combined into one large payment and giving entirely to my Mother, and she'll be expected to give me my JSA payment portion of that. Can I not just continue to collect it as normal myself at the post office without my Mother being involved?

Thanks again guys, any advice much appriciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

Your mothers income will not be included in your means test, and no your mother wont get your welfare, your an adult the welfare know that and do not want to treat people like kids.

Welfare payments are mostly made into the post office which you collect weekly, or depending on your office they may ask for you bank details and transfer it into there

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

ya once youre over 25 you dont have your guardians income as a deciding factor..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Baradat

Thanks for the advice, that's exactly what I was thinking, it would be fairly humiliating to have that kind of situation. Much appreciated guys, my minds a little more at rest now.

Advertisement