Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best full-time TEFL to do

• 06-05-2012 1:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 221 ✭✭

Hi,

I am going to be made redundant from my job and i've decided that i'd like to go travelling. Before i go, i am going to do a TEFL course and would like to know which is the best one out there for someone who does not have a degree.

I'd like to teach while travelling around Africa, Middle East & South East Asia..

I do have college diploma's but did not do a degree course which i know are a requirement for many teaching English jobs... so i hope doing a pretty good TEFL course should compensate some way against that!

many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds1

The NUIG one by far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 221 ✭✭TTWNF

The NUIG one by far.

thanks gaeilgegrinds but you need a degree to do those courses

http://www.nuigalway.ie/courses/adult-and-continuing-education-courses/tefl-pcert.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 681 ✭✭✭ILIKEFOOD

As far as I know you can take a full time CELT course without a degree but you have to sign a waiver saying that you won't use it to try and teach in Ireland. It is one of the most comprehensive ELT courses you can do along with the CELTA course. They'll interview you to make sure it's the right course for you etc.

I'm starting mine next week in Alpha school of English in Dublin.

Good luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 221 ✭✭TTWNF

ILIKEFOOD wrote: »
    As far as I know you can take a full time CELT course without a degree but you have to sign a waiver saying that you won't use it to try and teach in Ireland. It is one of the most comprehensive ELT courses you can do along with the CELTA course. They'll interview you to make sure it's the right course for you etc.

I'm starting mine next week in Alpha school of English in Dublin.

Good luck!

thanks ilikefood ... the month long course is what i am after alright & the CELT course looks like it's as good as the CELTA one & cheaper too. Suppose i am just worried that when i go travelling, because i don't have a degree that the CELTA course would be more beneficial to me...

Advertisement