Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet Usage on Campus.

Options
  • 06-05-2012 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

I'm living on campus in UCD and I had a houseparty the other night. I stupidly left my laptop turned on and my friends decided to google fairly rotten stuff, "bluewaffle" and the likes. Does this affect me in anyway, cause I read before about the usage policy for the wireless internet is very strict etc. Like should I still get my deposit back and all? As you can tell not use to this carry on!!:confused:
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭stop

I'm living on campus in UCD and I had a houseparty the other night. I stupidly left my laptop turned on and my friends decided to google fairly rotten stuff, "bluewaffle" and the likes. Does this affect me in anyway, cause I read before about the usage policy for the wireless internet is very strict etc. Like should I still get my deposit back and all? As you can tell not use to this carry on!!:confused:

You won't hear anything over the weekend cos of the bank holiday, but they'll be around monday (with cameras I think) to talk to you about the sites you accessed, happened to a mate of mine earlier in the year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Pedant

stop wrote: »
    You won't hear anything over the weekend cos of the bank holiday, but they'll be around monday (with cameras I think) to talk to you about the sites you accessed, happened to a mate of mine earlier in the year.

????

• Registered Users Posts: 34 mrpockets09

stop wrote: »

Suppose dats d sarcasm I have to put up with now!!:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Siuin

Don't worry, I watch pórn ALL the time and tis grand! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭stop

Pedant wrote: »
    ????
    etc

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32 cavan4liam

I believe strict usage guidelines refers to the fact that you can't download torrents or gamble online

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭mcpaddington

Does anyone know if there's a download allowance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 cavan4liam

There's no limit limited on download like there is with some internet companies if thats what you mean? But there is a ban on download of certain files. I'm fourth year now, I lived on campus in first year and I miss the 100mbps and ability to download whatever you like!

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭._.

Does anyone know if there's a download allowance?
    Sometimes when I download a lot my speeds get capped to like <300KB/s from that location, but a new MAC address fixes that up pretty quickly ;)

And they're limited to ~2.5MB/s per IP in the res now btw, not 100mbps.

Advertisement