Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

QFA exams (APA investments)

Options
  • 06-05-2012 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 johnfitz69

If you got through the degree you should have no problems if you study. The regulations exam can be tricky.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

In the world of banking (retail) you will need them to go on to any decent career.

2 apa would do you,

Regulations, investments and loans. That will cover you to progress without have the full qfa.

Depends. In retail banking it'd only needed cuse it's a regulation requirement.

Qfa Exams themselves are useless to 100% of retail staff, cause in all fairness they are not best way to ensure the customer is meeting the right people.

Depends on your career. Do you wish to get into banking?

• Advertisement

It will help you progress in a bank. They are needed for any job past bog standard teller posistion.

I'll try explain my stance on this better.

CB have stated that you need to be of a certain level to deal with customers. Banks have adopted the qfa as being the qualification that gives the desired level.

2 apa are needed minimum I.e. Loans, regulations and investments.

From a person working in a bank who has to do these to move own finds them stupid. E.g. In investments there is an entire section on government savings, stocks and shares etc. All of which would never be dealt with in their job. The entire qfa is full of this nonsense and IMHO it does not mean customers are getting better service.

The exams themselves require study. Negative marking rules out the guessing element so you have to know your stuff.

As for a refund. No chance. Iob are one of the worst companies I've dealt with.

Lastly, if you work for a bank they will contribute to you obtaining a qfa.

Advertisement