Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Need help with a quote

• 06-05-2012 6:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

Hi all,

Sorry if this is in the wrong section.

I recently started in a new job and we have a meeting every two weeks and i have to have a quote ready.

The theme is timing and the survival of relilient people.

Can anyone help me with what i am to do should i do a quote for timing and then a second for survival of relilient people?

Where should i be loking to find these quotes?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

Re read what you just posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭AndyGarcia

smcgiff wrote: »
    Re read what you just posted.

sorry i meant resilient

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 JackRy

I'm a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it. Thomas Jefferson;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭echo beach

If at first you don't succeed...try, try again. OR

If at first you don't succeed...give up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Mongarra

The Oxford Dictionary of Quotations is a good source but I do not see the word "resilient" in the index. Plenty for "Time".

You'll have to get out your thesaurus! Try elastic, pliant, buoyant, irrepressible, tough, strong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

JackRy wrote: »
    I'm a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it. Thomas Jefferson;)

I believe that's misattributed. A golfer (Google doesn't seem to know which one) was asked in an interview how he got so good, and he responded "I'm not that good, I'm just lucky. And the more I practice the luckier I get."

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

One of those page per day calendars are great for random quotes. ;)

As for where you should look:

Google search - there is no end to the amount of stuff you can find.
    Poetry anthology - find a poet you like and pieces that resonate with you.
    Shakespeare - the guy is a treasure trove of quotable stuff.

The main thing when going to your meeting is to know who wrote your quote and in what context. You might get asked!

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Ellian

The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 365 ✭✭Bullchomper

"what you do in a year, we do in a second, only better"

Advertisement