Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

German Penpal

• 06-05-2012 6:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭

Hey everyone. :)
    I'm looking for way to improve my German, I have been doing it in school for six years but I'm not that great. Over the summer I'm thinking of attending a course but if that turns out to be too expensive I am hoping to do most of my learning out of books and CDs. I was wondering if anyone here would like to do a weekly email type of thing with me, preferably someone who is fluent in German and practising English so we could both help each other. :) Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭wonton

you could try the website shared talk, its a useful site for finding language partners .

other sites which take a bit more effort to set up are, livemocha and interpals. (all free though)

you will probably find it hard to get a native german though, best bet is a fellow learner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Hey everyone. :)
    I'm looking for way to improve my German, I have been doing it in school for six years but I'm not that great. Over the summer I'm thinking of attending a course but if that turns out to be too expensive I am hoping to do most of my learning out of books and CDs. I was wondering if anyone here would like to do a weekly email type of thing with me, preferably someone who is fluent in German and practising English so we could both help each other. :) Thanks

I am fluent in German, I was born there. I'm fluent in English as well ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Gott

wonton wrote: »
    you could try the website shared talk, its a useful site for finding language partners .

other sites which take a bit more effort to set up are, livemocha and interpals. (all free though)

you will probably find it hard to get a native german though, best bet is a fellow learner.

I'm on Interpals, if you find interesting people you can get using your languages pretty quickly.

However if you are female and in any way attractive, expect a flood of unwanted messages from men in the Arab world telling you how beautiful you are and asking for marriage :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭wonton

^^^

true that haha.

Advertisement