Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada: One-way flight and IEC

Options
  • 06-05-2012 7:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hey guys, just wondering if you think it would be ok to book a one-way flight and show them a bank statement to prove I can afford the stay when I get there or do you need return flights?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭NoelAPM

abizmo wrote: »
    Hey guys, just wondering if you think it would be ok to book a one-way flight and show them a bank statement to prove I can afford the stay when I get there or do you need return flights?

If you have 3500 Canadian you don't need a return flight!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 SineadV

NoelAPM wrote: »

Hey Noel, Just wondering where you read that you need $3500 if your just booking a one way flight??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

SineadV wrote: »
    Hey Noel, Just wondering where you read that you need $3500 if your just booking a one way flight??

Well you need $2500 to be allowed into Canada anyway.
    So having another $1000 on top of that would show you have plenty money to fly home(due to flight prices varying all the time it's better to have that bit extra)

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭NoelAPM

SineadV wrote: »
    NoelAPM wrote: »

Some1 said it on here. 2500 should Be fine but yea.. The more the merrier. Some1 else here said there not even that fussed on checking for funds!

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭DaveDaRave1

If you want too book a one way flight you need the money for another flight home on top of the 2500 you need on entry so $35000 would be fine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 abizmo

Great! I will have at least double that so happy days :) Ty

• Registered Users Posts: 15 irishoverseas

abizmo wrote: »
    Great! I will have at least double that so happy days :) Ty
    i dont think you can book one way to canada unless you have a visa or work permit no matter how much money you have. why dont you book an open return or fixed return date and change it. you cant overstay your time either. besides one way is more expensive than return so why pay more for less??

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭DaveDaRave1

I booked a 1 way becasue I dont know when I'll be coming back. you can stay in canda for 6 months after by changing your visa to a tourist visa, you might also want to apply for a second year.

Advertisement