Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

A lifelong dream fulfilled!!!!

Options
  • 06-05-2012 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Feel like shouting it from the rooftops....I've just bought an E-type. i know most of its still in boxes but one day it will be an e-type and after years of dreaming i finally have one in my garage.
    My little venture Golden oldies Self-Drive classics will have to wait a few years before i could think of adding it to the fleet but one day....
    Has anyone else managed to track down that elusive dream car?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭bbsrs

jozx7r wrote: »
    Feel like shouting it from the rooftops....I've just bought an E-type. i know most of its still in boxes but one day it will be an e-type and after years of dreaming i finally have one in my garage.
    My little venture Golden oldies Self-Drive classics will have to wait a few years before i could think of adding it to the fleet but one day....

Congrats , nice project to have , what model, year ,spec?

• Registered Users Posts: 65,402 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Pics!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 jozx7r

bbsrs wrote: »
    Congrats , nice project to have , what model, year ,spec?

its a '69 MKII, 4.2 straight six...and most of its still in bits. Engine is not the original. Can anyone confirm if the 4.2 out of the Xj is the same engine?

unkel wrote: »
    Pics!

Collecting her at the weekend and I'll post pics right away...very important to remember this car is definitely a 'her' and not an 'it'

• Registered Users Posts: 65,402 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

We can't wait to see pictures of it her :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭gerarda

http://www.xkedata.com/links/

Might be of some use?

Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭charlie1966

And so you should shout from the roof tops. Well done and best of luck getting it back together

Yes, and now I have 3 of them. So watch out.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭bbsrs

its a '69 MKII, 4.2 straight six...and most of its still in bits. Engine is not the original. Can anyone confirm if the 4.2 out of the Xj is the same engine?

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jaguar_XK6_engine#_ seems like it is the same engine.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭B1gft

Well done. The trouble with me is when I get my dream car, I suddenly get another dream car in my mind and the original dream car just becomes another car. (If that makes sense)

Then the chase starts for my new dream car. This time thought I think I have it (w124) 2 years and still love it.

gerarda wrote: »
    http://www.xkedata.com/links/

Might be of some use?

Enjoy!

Cheers, wealth of info here

• Advertisement

bbsrs wrote: »
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jaguar_XK6_engine#_ seems like it is the same engine.
    thaks for that, it looks the business. Manufacturers didn't chop and change as often back then, they got a winning product and ran with it. I'd rather have the original but that won't happen now so want to try and keep close to original spec as possible

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Congratulations and good luck with the rebuilding, what condition is the body?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭no1beemerfan

Congrats! Looking forward to seeing pictures of her :)

kev1.3s wrote: »
    Congratulations and good luck with the rebuilding, what condition is the body?
    Body is uncannily good. old boy is a musician and used the garage as a recording studio so it was insulated and sounproofed to death. Was originally black in california then moved to UK and painted blue and current owner painted her red, had her resprayed again about 8years ago so no shortage of paint. New floors before last respray.
    Everything else is in bits and in boxes but most of it's there...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

I hope you have as much fun putting it together as you will driving her

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

B1gft wrote: »
    Well done. The trouble with me is when I get my dream car, I suddenly get another dream car in my mind and the original dream car just becomes another car. (If that makes sense)
    I think that's half the fun of classic ownership. Getting a car you've admired for years, enjoying it, and all the while wondering what you might get next.

And if you look after your classic, and buy smart, there's no reason why you have to lose money in changing. Unlike moderns, it won't depreciate if you Give it some basic care.

I've a few in mind for my next one!

Looking forward to the pics, OP. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭okistag

Is she a coupe or roadster, Irish car ? good luck with it you LUCKY LUCKY boy!! :)

Advertisement