Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airlines

Options
  • 06-05-2012 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭

Hey guys

I'm moving to nz at the end of the month and have been looking on the airline websites that i'm travelling with. I'm leaving my kayak here but bringing all my gear with me including my paddle.

From what I can see I can get the paddle as "checked baggage" for the combined kg that i'm allowed bring. My main concern is having to pay extra because of the length though it's just a standard size paddle.

I'd appreciate any advice from here from people who have traveled with their paddle to see if they had to pay extra.

Cheers,
    Tom

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Hi Tom. Shipping it behind you will cost you a hell of a lot less and if you really wait to, you'd probably get the boat out too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭tom_ass19

Thanks for the reply guys, much appreciated :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭tom_ass19

Hey guys,

Just thought i'd update as it may be useful for other people travelling abroad with kayaking gear and paddles.

Left from Dublin to Abu Dhabi to Hong Kong to Melbourne and finally Christchurch.

I flew with three different airlines, Etihad Airways, Cathy Pacific and Air New Zealand. All three were fine, didn't have to pay any extra charge.

So all was good :)

Advertisement